• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

should i eat if i dont feel hungry???

WeightlossDreamer

Hiya i'm nearly 6 weeks post op! I went to see the nurse on wednesday who says she thinks im still in the green zone in terms of banding because i dont really feel hungry much.

I eat because its a meal time and i think i should is this the right thing to do or should i not be eating because im not hungry???

Hi, I'm not a bander, I'm sure one will pop along soon. I don't feel hunger at all (7 weeks post op - bypass), and I make myself eat very small portions regularly or I wouldn't have any energy. It does feel strange eating with no appetite but you do need 'fuel' for your body. I guess we should enjoy not being hungry all the time. ;). Good luck. X

I would just eat a small meal at mealtimes, you don't want to be malnourished.

At the moment I don't feel hungry after my second fill (YAY), and even liquids are filling me up. I hope it lasts.

Hi Kirstie
in a simple answer..Yes you should eat..your body needs nutrients and vitamin's for it to function well...you will become malnourished if you do not eat..we are designed to process food, we just need to understand the right amounts and good foods

Eat small amount's of quality nutrient high foods...do not stop eating :/

I would just eat a small meal at mealtimes, you don't want to be malnourished.

At the moment I don't feel hungry after my second fill (YAY), and even liquids are filling me up. I hope it lasts.

OMG Bandergirl so happy for you
Val does a Happy Dance!!!!!!! :26:

You should revel in this time! its so great when you don't feel hungry in the beginning!
If i were you I would:
1) make sure you're drinking plenty of water
2)eat small amounts of low fat but high energy foods so you dont wake up one day and feel half dead! Maybe buy a few milkshakes for days when you are really struggling.

I remember I felt the same, I wasn't hungry at all, and so didn't bother to eat very much at all and woke up one morning and literally could barely move because I was so lacking in energy. Think of your body as a car, and food and drink like the petrol! :D
Eat enough to keep your body fueled while taking advantage of the not feeling hungry!!

Good luck :) xx

what Lu has said is pretty spot on, but some providers also give different advice. With some saying if you're not hungry then not to eat but ensure that you keep hydrated, it's great that you're in that zone. . .its something that seems illusive for so many, including me 15 months out lol

Back