• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been to appointment and saw Jo

Priesty

HI,

I had my appointment at St Richards with the psychologist:D. Everything was ok and she said I am well prepared for surgery and now it's just a waiting game:worthy::happy096::clap:.

Anyone have any idea how long from that appointment to pre-op and eventually the op itself? I can't wait now:sign0009::cross::help2:.

I did say in my other post but I popped in and saw Jo:D.

She had her op on Wednesday and is doing fine:happy096:. She was up and about and had had a cup of tea and some cheesy mash (she said it was very nice:)). She said she had very little pain and is going home today at some point.:D

So now I shall try and wait patiently, honest, I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!:eek:

Take Care All

Paula XX

next you get a letter from physch outlining what happened at appointment. then at some point it goes back to your surgeon and he discusses with the bariatric team a date for you. as for waiting im sorry just dont know its so different for everyone and although some people think its unfair i think it might depend on surgeon. mine is a gi surgeon too so i guess he has to fit those patients in too. who are you having? xx

HI,

I had my appointment at St Richards with the psychologist:D. Everything was ok and she said I am well prepared for surgery and now it's just a waiting game:worthy::happy096::clap:.

Anyone have any idea how long from that appointment to pre-op and eventually the op itself? I can't wait now:sign0009::cross::help2:.

I did say in my other post but I popped in and saw Jo:D.

She had her op on Wednesday and is doing fine:happy096:. She was up and about and had had a cup of tea and some cheesy mash (she said it was very nice:)). She said she had very little pain and is going home today at some point.:D

So now I shall try and wait patiently, honest, I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!I want it now!!!:eek:

Take Care All

Paula XX

Hi Paula
I saw the psychologist on 18 August and received the letter from her on 19 September!!! So, if as Mandy says, its now back to the consultant and the bariatric team to decide a surgery date.......I am still hopeful for november!
I know I've said it before but....it does seems unfair when talking to others on here that they were referred after me but have been done and dusted and banded/bypassed already. I really cannot make sense of how and why the referrals are allocated.
Its now been 14 months since I was originally referred and I try to stay positive but it can be very frustrating too.
Let us know when you hear from the hospital.

guess my consultant saying ill be done and banded in 6 months is a bit unrealistic then ????? :(
if i could find a tree strong enough i'd string meself up.......

Hi,

Well I hope that I hear in a month. I am going to ring tomorrow and just ask if they know hoe long.

I am on Shaw Sommers list, but when I first went I saw Guy Slater. So I'm not sure who will do the op or if I will be on a different list.

Take Care

Paula XX

Hi Paula, I am with Mr Somers as well, they won't be able to tell you how long unfortunately it is just a waiting game. I saw the psychologist in June and then the dietician on July 13th I havent been back since and have been waiting for a date. I did check with them that I was definitely on the waiting list and i am but they cannot advise any further. I know how you feel it is hard but from initial appt to surgery its around 6 months, the waiting list is closed at the moment but only applies to new referrals from a couple months back so you and I are ok. Its worth noting as well that they only call patients on a Monday with dates so if no call on a monday then its another weeks wait., Don't hold you're breath for the moment but i am sure it will be your turn before long. As everyone says we are considered on a case by case basis and if your last appointment before pre-op was the psych then lucky you i had to go back again! Nightmare anyway its all done now and just waiting, it's a killer but it'll happen when it happens :) good luck hunni, always here if you need to talk xx

Hi,

Well I hope that I hear in a month. I am going to ring tomorrow and just ask if they know hoe long.

I am on Shaw Sommers list, but when I first went I saw Guy Slater. So I'm not sure who will do the op or if I will be on a different list.

Take Care

Paula XX

Looks like you got what they call a win win situation on the surgeon front there Paula, here's hoping you don't wait so long now xxx

Back