• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visit to Mandy.

angelpie

I went to see mandy at st richards today as I was there to see mr slater.
She has been back in hospital for a week now. There is nothing medically wrong with mandy but she wont eat. she said it is psychological. the dietician arrived just as I was leaving.
she wil hopefully be dishcharged this week but she does not want to go home.
I am going to see her again when I go for my pre op on friday.
The good news is she has lost over 5 stone.
lol karen xx

Wow over 5 stone in 6 weeks thats an amazing loss thanks Karen for the update, hope she gets the helps she needs xx

Last edited:
Thank you Karen for the update on Mandy!

Sending Mandy best wishes, she really has had a tough old time of it.

Love Mini xxx

sending her lots of best wishes & hoping she gets all the help she needs to continue her weight loss journey xx

Thanks very much for the update, Ive been wondering how she was doing.

WOW - 5 stone is incredible. Lets hope she can overcome the psychological fears she has and start to enjoy the benefits of her weight loss soon x

Thank you so much for the update...

Weight loss if fantastic, but i personally will feel much happier for Mandy when she overcomes her psychological fears and manages to eat some food......

Come on Mandy, were all wishing you well and a swift return back to us xxxx

Please send her best wishes x

Why arent they sending Mandy to the psych team properley? She herself says that she wants help and yet they just keep treating her physically and she needs the psych help, surely there is someone that they can contact or it is going to become a vicious cycle and she will never get well.
Steph xx

Why arent they sending Mandy to the psych team properley? She herself says that she wants help and yet they just keep treating her physically and she needs the psych help, surely there is someone that they can contact or it is going to become a vicious cycle and she will never get well.
Steph xx

Well said Steph, someone at that hospital has some questions to answer i think! Here's hoping Mandy gets the kind of treatment she needs to give her the strength to use this fantastic opportunity healthily for her own self....

Nothing would give us greater pleasure than Mandy coming back stronger than before she went in xx

5 stone is incredible!!! Really hope Mandy gets the help she needs xxx

I know everyone is different but how much is a typical weight loss for 6 weeks?? I know Mandy has had all sorts of issues but she is about the same size as me (or should I say was!!!).............I'm guessing that I won't lose 5 stone in 6 weeks!!!

I know everyone is different but how much is a typical weight loss for 6 weeks?? I know Mandy has had all sorts of issues but she is about the same size as me (or should I say was!!!).............I'm guessing that I won't lose 5 stone in 6 weeks!!!

I'm the same height as you Meggie, and started a little heavier than you - and I lost just 37lb in first 6 weeks. Hope that helps.

5 stone in 6 weeks? :eek: Get well soon Mandy.

Cuppa xx

I think it best if we don't speculate and judge on any treatment that Mandy is getting. I have spoken to Mandy and also to the ward staff on her behalf and apart from that I cannot comment any further apart from to say that she is receiving care. Obviously we all wish her the best and hope that she is in a position to post to us soon.

Wishing Mandy well...

Well said Steph, someone at that hospital has some questions to answer i think!

I am not sure we can judge as we don' know what care she is getting. And didn't Mandy say a little while ago that her PCT had refused funding for psych support - how infuriating...hope they reconsider.

We all just want Mandy back and recovering, and i only speculate from posts i've read on here...

End result is that we all just want the best for Mandy, a lesson i learned from an early age from my parents was this:

"There but for the grace of god go i".

I will be saying a special prayer for Mandy on Sunday as i do sincerely believe its time she got some good luck... xx

We all just want Mandy back and recovering, and i only speculate from posts i've read on here...

End result is that we all just want the best for Mandy, a lesson i learned from an early age from my parents was this:

"There but for the grace of god go i".

I will be saying a special prayer for Mandy on Sunday as i do sincerely believe its time she got some good luck... xx

Well said Julie totally agree with you 100% xx

Back