• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing weight on pre-op

Danielle88

Hey everyone

I'm currently on the low carb low cal diet and either my scales aren't working or I'm not losing weight on the diet.

I'm just getting nervous that my op will get cancelled next Friday aswell in case my liver hasn't shrunk.

It would be a wasted journey for my mum as she's coming from Wolverhampton to look after me after the op.

Has anyone not lost weight on the pre-op?

the pre op diet isn't for the purpose of losing weight it us for shrinking the liver and to prepare it for surgery. If you're following what's been set then that's the important thing as it will be doing it's job internally.

Any weight loss is just a bonus :)

Hi You still have time to go before your op, I did loose weight but only about 4lb from my last appointment however the main aim is to reduce your liver, not weight so as long as you stick to it, and your surgeon can see a reduced liver, I am sure you will be fine!

I think I'm just a bit of a worrier, I don't want anything to go wrong or be cancelled, just want to be on my way to losing

I think I'm just a bit of a worrier, I don't want anything to go wrong or be cancelled, just want to be on my way to losing

Just follow your diet,you can't go wrong.
My weightloss didn't show until morning of the op,the nurse informed me I'd lost 1 stone 4 lb.
I did have to do liver diet for 4 weeks though.

I didn't lose much weight and was only on the milk diet for 9 days and as if previously been known to overindulge in alcohol more than necessary I was very concerned about my liver. I stuck to the milk religiously for the 9 days and the surgeon said my liver was fine for the op :)

as long as you follow the set guidelines and it shrinks the liver it will be fine the diet is not designed to lose the weight though thats a bonus

Hey everyone I'm currently on the low carb low cal diet and either my scales aren't working or I'm not losing weight on the diet. I'm just getting nervous that my op will get cancelled next Friday aswell in case my liver hasn't shrunk. It would be a wasted journey for my mum as she's coming from Wolverhampton to look after me after the op. Has anyone not lost weight on the pre-op?
Coincidence.... I just posted on my diary about putting on the weight I lost at the start of the milk diet!!
I've a problematic gastric band and have lived on very few calories for a long while yet continued to gain weight. The milk diet is far more calories than I'm used to. I'm sure my liver is shrinking nicely but those few pounds I lost are back and it's so annoying!!!
Day 8 of 2 week preop complete. Revision to bypass on 14th :)

Coincidence.... I just posted on my diary about putting on the weight I lost at the start of the milk diet!! I've a problematic gastric band and have lived on very few calories for a long while yet continued to gain weight. The milk diet is far more calories than I'm used to. I'm sure my liver is shrinking nicely but those few pounds I lost are back and it's so annoying!!! Day 8 of 2 week preop complete. Revision to bypass on 14th :)

Oh noo, at least you will be sorted soon and back to the losers bench. I am jealous though, you're getting in there before me lol

Soo for some reason when I woke up this morning I decided to weigh myself and I have lost a stone!!

And then when I got to work I walked over to a colleague (who knows about my surgery) and she had the biggest smile on her face and was holding her mouth, I was like what's wrong? And she said I'm looking so much slimmer in a short space of time!!

So both of those events within the space of an hour and a half has made me think much more positively and I can't wait for my surgery next Friday!!!!

great news on the loss and good luck for the surgery getting close now will watch for updates

Soo for some reason when I woke up this morning I decided to weigh myself and I have lost a stone!!

And then when I got to work I walked over to a colleague (who knows about my surgery) and she had the biggest smile on her face and was holding her mouth, I was like what's wrong? And she said I'm looking so much slimmer in a short space of time!!

So both of those events within the space of an hour and a half has made me think much more positively and I can't wait for my surgery next Friday!!!!

Great News! xx

Well done on your weight loss.

I'm three weeks into a pre op diet and am fluctuating between a 12 a 14 lb weight loss. I keep stalling. I'm hoping my scales are not working properly.

X

Soo for some reason when I woke up this morning I decided to weigh myself and I have lost a stone!! And then when I got to work I walked over to a colleague (who knows about my surgery) and she had the biggest smile on her face and was holding her mouth, I was like what's wrong? And she said I'm looking so much slimmer in a short space of time!! So both of those events within the space of an hour and a half has made me think much more positively and I can't wait for my surgery next Friday!!!!

Well done you! I am about to start my milk diet on Monday but am having a dreadful weekend eating wise. I just can't stop!

Back