• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best Flavoured Protein Powder?

Can anyone give me some suggestions of your favourite low carb/high protein shakes suitable for bypassers?

There are so many different ones!

Your better of sticking to Whey protein as it's easier for us to digest, but as for flavour, everyones individual, I've bought some that others have recommended and I thought they tasted pants! But the ones I use occasionally now are BSN Desert Protein. They come in really fab flavours and actually taste like their names, even the vanilla one has bits of real vanilla in it. Some taste really chemically to me, but these don't.

I just goodled them and bought them on line. I used them quiet a lot to start with, but to be honest I can't remember the last time I had one now.

I use the same ones as Gail and have to agree they're the best ones I've tasted so far, and I've tried a few as my son always has some lying around as he plays a lot of sport & works out in the gym daily.

You guys are super speedy, thanks so much!
I think I will order a little of each.

Got my op next Sunday, so want to make sure I've got some in for when I get back from the airport.

Thanks again

Has to be whey protein as its the only one we can digest properly - but for me the caffe latte promax by maximuscle is yum! with extra coffee and milk cold like an ice latte :) x

Myprotein do little sample bags for 99p so you can order a few and then find out which one you like before ordering a big tin.

One more thing, what about reccommendations for the individual ready made up shakes? Please .....

Myprotein do little sample bags for 99p so you can order a few and then find out which one you like before ordering a big tin.

I looked at those a while back but I think they charged something like £8.50 postage which I thought was rather excessive for a few sachets.

hi all,

How many shakes are you meant to have a day then? I've seen a lot of talk about protein shakes but thought they were not advised for bypassers??

hi all,

How many shakes are you meant to have a day then? I've seen a lot of talk about protein shakes but thought they were not advised for bypassers??

Most dieticians recommend that you get your protein in via the food you eat. Which in some cases is easier said than done when you've just had your bypass. I used to have 2 a day when I was on the liquid stage after my op. Now I get all my protein in from food between 60-80g a day. It's impossible to get that in early on and I think that's when most people use them. They are also great to bake with, so you can turn something that would be a bog standard snack into a protein packed goodie.

I plan on mainly using them when I am away from home. I breed and show Dalmatians and so when at a show I am away from home from about 2am right through till midnight!
The food at shows is usually junk, so I thought they'd be great for those days!

I only have a shake every other day but I've started adding half a scoop of powder to my porridge every morning so not only does it add flavour, it's also packed with protein :)

I use them on my gym days when I want extra protein for energy

Back