• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big bruise

florabell

Hello

I am 6 days post op and I am feeling well. I noticed I got a bruise just above my belly button (but nowhere near a wound) so from Googling I suspect it was from a blood thinning injection. It first appeared day 2, I think, day 4 it was roughly the same but today it seems to have got a lot bigger, about the size of a plum. There is no swelling, tenderness, pain etc, it's just *there*

I will be seeing my GP soon but would like to know if anyone else had this, or should I be worried?

Thanks in advance xx

Sounds like brushing from the enoxaparin injections ( blood thinners ) I've got loads on my tummy still got 5 days more of injection xx

Thanks Vain - did yours get bigger as well?

I have a lovely multi-coloured bruise as well, pretty certain the nurse meant it cause she was a bit of a sadist it was the only one of the 4 I got that hurt at the time ,lol

Yeah it's probably the blood thinner, I have a few bruises too, no swelling though, it's worth double checking with your doctor but it does sound like that x

I had a bruise from where the drain was under my skin into my pouch - no where near an incision site and it appeared after a few days got massive and multi coloured - i was told it was normal

At first I thought I was doing something wrong with these injections as I was getting so many bruises but I'm glad I'm not the only one. So glad I only have a few more days to go on them.

I have little bruises from the blood thinning injections to!
Also my arms are covered in massive bruises because they couldn't find any veins it's getting a bit silly!

Back