• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

big day today!

gingernutter

Hi folks,

The results are in and it's a big NO. I do Not have sleep apneoa. This is bad news as far as my funding is concerned but at least I do not have another health problem to add to the list.

Update.....The results are in and I am waiting for the word from the consultant. I might know something on Monday. Fingers crossed.

today I am collecting my sleep apnoea testing machine. I should know tomorrow if I have sleep apnoea. If so then it might swing the funding panel. It will be good news what ever the outcome.

Last edited:
hope you get the results youre after, good luck

good luck x

I've never wished for someone to have something wrong with them before so it feels weird, that said I hope you get the evidence you need to get approved.:)

I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep tonight...will be interesting to hear your report...

:)

Good luck Sweetie, come back & tell us as soon as you get your results
xx

Hi
im new to this so am very nervous. i have noticed you are due to have by-pass surgery on saturday so you will be feeling jittery...hope all goes well for you as im sure it will. i went to have a consultation with mr ammori at alexandra hospital on tuesday...i went with the certainty of being assessed for gastric band but he insinuated by-pass is more for me and more successful...this has put a right spanner in the works cos ive only read up about banding..however im so desparate to lose weight i think im going to go for this...it would be nice to keep in touch with you and other people in same position for help and support and i would also like to offer the same..hope to hear from you soon
lesleyx

Hi
im new to this so am very nervous. i have noticed you are due to have by-pass surgery on saturday so you will be feeling jittery...hope all goes well for you as im sure it will. i went to have a consultation with mr ammori at alexandra hospital on tuesday...i went with the certainty of being assessed for gastric band but he insinuated by-pass is more for me and more successful...this has put a right spanner in the works cos ive only read up about banding..however im so desparate to lose weight i think im going to go for this...it would be nice to keep in touch with you and other people in same position for help and support and i would also like to offer the same..hope to hear from you soon
lesleyx

Mr Ammori does favour the bypass over the band but I am sure he has your best interests at heart. I am almost 4 weeks post op bypass with Mr Ammori and I am doing fine....xx

hi thank you for replying, im having difficulty in knowing how to go on the forum and knowing when i have replies so please bear with me.....its so good to hear you are doing well, by-pass does seem to be getting good feedback..do you mind me asking if you got funding from nhs..cos im not sure if ive been accepted or not, and dont want to build my hopes up!!
x

Hi
lesleyx

Hiya lesley
mr.ammori did my gastric bypass last friday, he is a brilliant surgeon- you are in safe hands. I was at the alex hosp in cheadle, manchester- it is a lovely hospital, the staff are brilliant!
Anyway- welcome to the site :wavey: :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

thank you lizzie its great you are up and about so soon..how long did you have to stay in hospital for? Gawd!! im gettin so excited just dont want to build my hopes up to much..this is just such a life line.
xxx

Update.....The results are in and I am waiting for the word from the consultant. I might know something on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone, I managed to sleep as normal last night while wearing my sleep test monitor on. I might have the results later on today. Fingers crossed that the out come will have some benefit to my finding application. If the result is possitive it will explain why I sleep so badly and I can make improvements on that. If it is negative then that means I can move on as this test has been holding up my application. What ever the result it will be good news for me.

Last edited:
We've all got our fingers crossed for you Sarah.
xx

Back