• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big Problems 2 years 6 months on

Waring192

Hi everyone. Was a member over on the mini mins site and was under james192. Had the gastric bypass in sept 2008 and everything has gone great, reached my goal weight and not had any complications till now...

Was on flight to the US and I started to get a trapped wind feeling (had travelled long haul about 6 times since op with no problems) which got worse and worse. Tried everything possible to get rid of the pain but it wouldn't go and i started to get cold sweats etc. When we landed (6h:50 of agony) I went to the loo and was sick, felt slightly better but felt very fluish.
Went to the hotel and was in bed all night and morning no being able to keep down water or anything. Decided I needed to get some help so I got a cab to the medical center who put me on a drip and gave me anti nausea injections whij didn't work and I kept bringing up water. They have me a X-ray which showed my bowels had loads of trapped air and had stopped working... Was transferred to a hospital and gives cat scans which showed the same so they gave me a tube up my nose to relieve the pressure which make a huge difference, felt better almost strait away.
Doctor said he wanted to operate but would see how I did overnight. Next day I had live X-rays while bein given that barium stuff which showed it was moving through me but slow and at 2 places in my small intestine was about 7mm across.
Anyhow, now I'm sipping water and clear liquids and waiting on final X-ray to be seen by the doc, he thinks I will need surgery when I get home :( just wanted to know if anyone has had anything similar at all? Sorry about the typos, I'm on my iPhone!

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I know nothing about this but I'm sure someone with some knowledge will be along shortly.
Hope you can get it all cleared up quickly.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they manage to sort things out for you. Atleast you are in a country with a good understanding of bariatric surgery.

Not heard of anything like this before, so can't help sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks. Just abit of a shock as I have been able to eat anything before. Had no blockages or anything. Had abit of trapped wind in the past but would only last a hour or so.

Sorry to hear of your tough times! You poor thing you have really gone through it...Im sorry I cant really help though I just didnt want to read and run (HUG) XX

Hope you get everything sorted news, at least you are in the right place. Hugs..

sorry to hear of your troubles hun - hope they sort it for ya hun and you have a painless journey home!

Just sending you healing vibes and hope everything goes ok.

Sounds like you are unique at the mo.

hi hun..Have they found out anymore since your last post hun???

keep us posted to what they are doing hun xx

Back