• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bleurgh !!!

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
:(
Went out for lunch with my mum on Weds, thought Id stick to the jacket potato, knowing I have had this at home and all is fine. All was fine just the potato they brought was the size of a rugby ball. !! I wouldnt have been able to finish it pre op never mind now lol:eek: It was huge.

So anyway, off we went today as had some shopping to do and thought sod it we will eat out again. This time I though Ill go for a smaller option, and decided that off the menu an omelette was a pretty safe bet ! BOY oh BOY was I wrong, The omlette itself looked lovely and was light and fluffy, 100 time better than anything I make at home.....But oh god... I had 3 mouthfuls and it felt like it was stuck ! Sat there burping quietly to myself lol:rolleyes: but it wasnt going down it was coming up ( sorry all). This is the first problem I have had with anything I have eaten or tried to eat.
I threw up in the cafe, went back again to the loo for a second rendition....felt lousy but we went and did the shopping , was walking round with a lump in my throat. Came home threw up again, and now I just feel awful, like Im ready to go visit Huey again... I took a remigel earlier but that hasnt helped. Any advice, ?

I know it will wear off eventually but is there anything to quicken it up or should I stay off everything ? I was wondering if a hot drink would help? :(

That will teach me for trying to enjoy a nice day out lol

I am only 15 days and have not tried egg yet but my dietician did warn me that bypassers pften have difficulty with egg. I am sure some more experienced post oper's will be along to help but in the meantime big hugs for a speedy recovery. xxx

Ive had egg myself before, not eaten egg out though.
Have made myself scrambled egg a couple of times but this just sat there and I felt it from mouthful one :( Ahh well a lesson learnt I guess.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's bad enough at home finding something sticks *big hug*
I can't get egg down and I would love to eat jacket spuds but they get stuck too.
Worse thing was a vegetable lasagne for me , It feels really unfair when you make healthy choices doesn't it?
I tend to have to weather the storm personally. Hope the yucky feeling fades soon for you xxxx

just take it steady, it's quite early days for you at the moment. Make sure you chew well and only very small mouthfulls. You may find mushy food is easier to digest for a couple of days before trying anything more solid again. x x

yeah I chose omelette as dietician said that would be ok, guess not for me lol but its a learning curve and Im only at the beginning of it. Will be a milkshake for tea me thinks lol :p

I puked at gretna green last weekend when I had a bit of a cheese butty.was in the loos for ages and Mum was dead worried:eek::eek:

hi hun im sorry this happened when you were out its so not nice,i really can not do eggs at all,theres not much you can do i find sticking to water helps flush out the tummy and helps make feel alittle better also gaviscon advance liquid is my amazing friend x x x x x x x huge hugs

well hubbys pizza is cooking, Im absolutely frozen so heating has gone on and Im going to have a jelly and a milky coffee later. I do feel better now but Im not risking eating anything for the rest of today.:p

thanks all, well least I got my first sick session out the way

Hiya

You only had your bypass on the 17th August? Wow you are eating solid food early, I have been strictly told to stay on pureed food til 6 weeks after the op!
Rx

Hiya

You only had your bypass on the 17th August? Wow you are eating solid food early, I have been strictly told to stay on pureed food til 6 weeks after the op!
Rx

Well spoke to dietician and she said omelette would be ok. Small bites ofc. But Im staying back on puree lol. Feeling better today but was frozen last night to the point I was shivering lol. Just got mega headache today so Im going to chill out on the sofa today.
Lesson learnt I guess, My tum doesnt like omelette :rolleyes:

Elffie,

I was told 4 -6 weeks puree only, im really suprised that your on solid food, maybe your bodies telling you its too early for you, hope you sort it out soon..xx

Back