• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what a week

hopelesscase

My week off started at 6am on monday morning with the police knocking me up out of bed asking me f i knew a little boy and was there any chance that he could stay with me at gradmas request as she had been admitted to hospital.

He is a little boy that i have supported befor and has significant disabilities so of course i took him and sorted it out with social services who also support the family on a weekly basis.

Hes been with me for the rest of the week and was hopefully going back to grandmas on munday if she was well enough.

So there went my week off and the chance to spend some time with my new fella. But that was to be short lived anyway as in the early hrs of tuesday his dad got rushed back into intensive care where mick then spent the next couple of days but sadly his dad died yesturday morning

No sooner had he phoned me to let me know i had a phone call off my son to say he was on his way to hospital as he had just been knocked off his bike. so i rushed upto the hosptal but luckly he is fine just breising and whiplash but the bike isnt!!!!

But to top the week off i have had a phone call today to say that the grandma of the little boy i have got isnt going to pull through. we went to visit her for 5 mins last night and she managed a lovely smile and wave as we left but to have to tell this little 7 yr old tonight that his granny is very poorly and that although the drs are still trying to make her better it may be that they cant was just heartbreaking. Talk about children being intuitive as for all his problems he just looked at me and said is she going to die!!!
He that said i will be sad but she will be happy as she will be with grandad and sooty the cat...:cry:

Ah what a sad week you've had.
Sending hugs your way xx

Wow Carole, what a time! Your such a strong person, I do hope your son's recovering well.

Even with the little boys problems at least he will have you there for support. My heart goes out for him.

What a lovely, lovely person u are taking in the little boy. I'm sorry u seem to be having a run of bad luck though!!!!! Take care & I'm sending gud karma ur way...........
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

I feel so bad for that little boy. How awful. Thank goodness your son is okay.

Oh gosh Carole, what a dreadful week.

Do remember to take some time out for yourself when possible as its draining having to be everyone elses rock.

Awww poor little boy:(:(At least he's safe and secure with you hun, and condolences for your bf's Mum :(:(

Oh dear it makes my problems seem minor. I hope everything turns out OK.

Big hugs hun. Thank goodness there are people like you to step in when children need someone. You are brilliant xx

Glad your son is ok Carole, well I say fine but obviously wiplash and bruising isnt good but it could have been alot worse eh. I hope the littlun is bearing up under the circumstances and that your new man is coping with his loss. It sounds like one of those 'stop the ride I want to get off' weeks you have had, I hope next week is better for you :)

How very sad for the little boy and for your Mick to lose his dad.... The flip side of the coin is your son is okay, Mick has you to offer support and the little boy has someone looking out for him and showing him love....

Thank heavens for people like you Carole who remain unheard and unseen and give so much into the community xx

What an awful week. I am pleased your son has not been too badly hurt. Condolences to your new man, as for the little boy the poor little fella. Children are so much braver in lots of ways than us adults, he is so lucky to have you there supporting him. Sending you some (((hugs))) to give you some extra strenght for the next few days.

Thanks everyone
liam is doing just fine hes bounces well.

Mick is struggling but still in contact but very worried about his mum. Im giving him some space but also feel quite honored when he text me and the text just said struggling today!!! felt that he really is so genuine and also not scared to admit to the fact that hes finding it hard. he could of just not said anything!!!

And unfortunatly for the little one he moves from me on tue to a residentila unit but he has been sooo good and brave!! heis nan is still hanging in there but in icu and ventolated!!!

once again thanks for the support means a lot!!

Back