• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

blood pressure high before surgery

#1boss

hi i am due to start my ls diet in 4 days my op (sleeve) date is 2sept with dr sufi at whittington i went in today and my blood pressure is high 160/90 been told to go to my dr in a few days and get them to check and then call the hospital just want to know if it has not come down will they cancle my surgery or postpone, also sorry for being rude hello everyone and goodluck to everyone waiting for and that have had surgery

hello and welcome - do the diet - every lb off will bring down your blood pressure and get to the gp and see if they can give you something. I take ramapril and it brought mine down in days ....

good luck hunni and let us know how you get on....

xxxxxxxxxx

I had this. I went on ramipril for 2 weeks prior to surgery and it was perfect. Never took it again after! Get down to the doctors pdq x

hi thanks for the quick replies i got an appointment booked for thursday so will see if the dr will give me something

I have had high blood pressure for a long time, but ramipril brought it down nicely. I have lost 4 st and am still on it but looking forward to not having to take it. Go and see yr gp asap! Good luck x

Ok don't worry I was in the same situation. I am having my op 21/8/13.
Did you see the male grumpy nurse with fair hair I think his name is Dermot. going to hospital appts is stressful and so can bring your blood pressure up. see your gp/nurse for the blood pressure check up .
let me know how you get on and good luck.

Back