• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

High blood pressure

Flip_Flop_Flo

I'm self funded however my blood pressure readings are high and I'm being referred for anaesthetic review at Dolan Park.

It's too late tonight to get an answer from The Hospital Group

Does anyone know if this means I'll have to go se them before surgery?

I live in Aberdeen so it's not gonna be practical - surgery on 25th May.

I'm now worried that I won't get surgery and I've already paid £6k

I think you should be fine I've had high blood pressure and been on medication for the last 15 years and I managed to have the sleeve. That was the reason I got approved The hope is that surgery will lower your blood pressure. Good luck and I'm looking forward to reading your update.

Generally if you are above a particular age and have a condition that would be a known anaesthesic risk (like high BP) you would have a separate assessment by the guy that's responsible for you during the op(the anaesthetist).I had high BP and my weight loss has meant that my meds have halved already, with a view to coming off them totally. The review is a risk assessment, as we are all surgical risks because of the weight. They may be able too so a phone/skype assessment in your case? I would suggest it

Back