• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bored with the liquid stage!

Hi everyone,

Is it just me or did anyone else get bored with the liquid stage?

I find myself craving things as I make my children's tea. I feel like I need to chew something. Its weird, I thought this would be a doddle after the surgery because it would make me feel satisfied. I find myself adding pepper, garlic or chilli powder to all the soups to give them an extra edge! This helps a lot with the cravings for unhealthy salty treats.

I am loosing the weight really well and thats good motivation but not totally satisfying.

Any helpful tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks guys.
Kind regards R x :sigh:

:talk017:Hello my friend!!!:D:party0019:

I can understand why you must be finding it hard if you are making the kids meals, but you are not going to be on the liquid stage forever, it is only a tempory thing- you have to remind yourself of the longterm goal of why you did this in the first place. :hug99:
Keep with it, you can do this!!! :)
PMA!!

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Thank you Lizzy. Its nice to hear from you. How are you today?
whats pma?
How much weight you lost now? Wish i could of afforded the bypass they seem to loose lots more and quickly.
Take care of yourself.
Kind regard R x

Hiya i am feeling better each day and today is going OK. I weighed myself on the wii fit the other day and i had lots 13lbs :eek:!! Could not believe it- who says 13 is an unlucky number eh?!!
How much have you lost?? You said you are noticing the results! It is not a race you know, you must remeber this!!:)
PMA is Possitive Mental Attitude!!! :D
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Ive lost 18lbs to date. I am very pleased with it. I know its not a race but just think I may need to loose more than the band can offer. I suppose the 1st fill will make me feel better about it as it will restrict me more than it is now. Just surprised at the amount of fluid i can take. They said Id get to this stage before the 1st fill though. Just need to stay positive I guess.

Glad your doing well. Thanks for all the support mate. R x

Hi wlh! I am feeling exactly the same as you described. Should be on soft diet on friday but have to confess I had some cottage cheese and rice pud yesterday and boy do I feel better for it. I had a vile taste in my mouth following the op but since eating something it's gone. I lost a stone in 10 days but currently static. Looking forward to my first fill.

Wowee 18lbs totally rocks!!! Well done you!! :party0011: :party0011: :D:D:D:D:D

Hi wlh! I am feeling exactly the same as you described. Should be on soft diet on friday but have to confess I had some cottage cheese and rice pud yesterday and boy do I feel better for it. I had a vile taste in my mouth following the op but since eating something it's gone. I lost a stone in 10 days but currently static. Looking forward to my first fill.

we are at the same stage because I had my band fitted on 28/11/08. Im on soft diet on fri too. It would be great if I could track your progress and compare with my own. Is that ok? where did you have your op and who was your surgeon?

Bet the cottage cheese and rice pud tasted nice.

Well done on your weight loss. I have stopped loosing too. I bet our bodies are storing fat bcos of the low fat intake.
Take care of yourself
Kind regards R x

If its any consilation, I'm 3 weeks tomorrow past bypass surgery and my weight has n't moved in 4 or 5 days but I have lost 25 pounds. Its really getting me down. A few people have said maybe I'm not taking in enough and my body is holding on to things cause its scared its going into starvation. Does n't make me feel any better though, I've convinced myself I've gone through all this pain and thats it for me, I'm not going to lose any more. :cry: I'm still on the liquid stage although I've been told by now I can advance to pureed stuff so I think in the next few days I'm going to add some mash and a few pureed veggies and see how it goes.

Had my band done on 29th Nov at Dolan Park, Birmingham area.The surgeon was Mr. Surgudsonn. He was great. I did lose alot of weight on the pre-op diet I think. Felt sick of slim fast and soup post op and needed to chew! Will behave again tomorrow!My starting weight was 13 stone 13lbs and now it's 12st 13lbs. I did feel nauseous for several days but that's subsided.It would be great to keep track on each other- I am not very good with computers though so can't put the animated gadgets in! My fill is 7th Jan. When's yours? Which company did your band? Keep up the good work. Heather

If its any consilation, I'm 3 weeks tomorrow past bypass surgery and my weight has n't moved in 4 or 5 days but I have lost 25 pounds. Its really getting me down. A few people have said maybe I'm not taking in enough and my body is holding on to things cause its scared its going into starvation. Does n't make me feel any better though, I've convinced myself I've gone through all this pain and thats it for me, I'm not going to lose any more. :cry: I'm still on the liquid stage although I've been told by now I can advance to pureed stuff so I think in the next few days I'm going to add some mash and a few pureed veggies and see how it goes.

I know how that feels. I think your right with the body storing fat bcos it thinks its in starvation. Im onto soft food friday so hoping that will help me too. I find drinking enough hard work with two kids to take care of and I childmind too so Im kept very busy with little time to myself. That could contribute to my stunt.

Try to keep your chin up and look to the bigger picture. You will soon be loosing it again with the soft diet and then you will look back and wonder why you worried. take care of yourself. Kind regards R x

Had my band done on 29th Nov at Dolan Park, Birmingham area.The surgeon was Mr. Surgudsonn. He was great. I did lose alot of weight on the pre-op diet I think. Felt sick of slim fast and soup post op and needed to chew! Will behave again tomorrow!My starting weight was 13 stone 13lbs and now it's 12st 13lbs. I did feel nauseous for several days but that's subsided.It would be great to keep track on each other- I am not very good with computers though so can't put the animated gadgets in! My fill is 7th Jan. When's yours? Which company did your band? Keep up the good work. Heather

Mine is that week too. Not sure of the date yet but they did say it'd be that week. It is fabulous to have someone to talk to who is going through it at the same stage as me. We can learn together. I haven't got much support at home (as they don't agree with me having it).

Please keep me posted on your progress. Im new here too and don't have the computer knowledge to put the fancy stuff on either!
Take care of yourself and try to look on the bright side. The 1st fill will help us loose more weight.
Kind regards R x

Surgicare did mine. Dr Ammori, he was fabulous! r x

Back