• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand new - Seeking friends

DillyPops

Hey peeps,
I am new to this site and I've just booked my surgery for 13th January. Getting nervous now. I've opted for a gastric plication.
Has anyone else had this surgery? Could you advise me on what your timeline was for recovery and weight loss. If you are into cruising mode (normal diet I suppose!) could you tell me what you eat on a normal day.
I am most worried that once my excess weight is off (about 60lbs) that I wont be able to eat with food in a restaurant or enjoy life as I wont be able to eat much.
I'm sure you have other people who have asked similar, but I kind of just wanted to say hi, get a shout back and some support :wave_cry:

Hi Dillypops and welcome to the forum.

I've not had plication, but I know back along I did look at it as an option. Are you having the op abroad?? I know it can be more popular there.

Ultimately the plication is fairly similar to the sleeve that I had in that it reduces your stomach size. Having a smaller stomach is fab and yes you can still eat in restaurants - but a starter costs a lot less money, so more available to spend on clothes. Happy days.

Hi Bear,
Yes I'm having it over in Czech, privately. I see you've lost 28lbs since Sept, that's brilliant!
How did you cope with the liquid and mushy diet? Anytips? thanks for your reply too :)

Last edited:
Tips - just remember that the liquid and purée doesn't last forever. I found liquids much easier than puree. Just take everything slowly and allow yourself time to heal.

hello and welcome
you will have many cyber friends on here !
good luck for your op in jan

Welcome to the site, it has been a great help to me, it's sometimes easy to think that you are on your own, especially if you are the only person in your circle of friends and family who have had the surgery.
That's where we come in :) I've found that if you can't find the answer you need by looking on here then just ask and the answer and so much support will be given to you. Good Luck with everything and welcome to the gang :)

Back