• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

one year out

starry

HI Everyone

Well nearly at one year anniversary and I can officially say that the gastric bypass was the best thing I ever did for myself and my new family.

I have lost 9 stone and nearly normal BMI my diabetes, blood pressure, sleep apnoea have all gone and I have gone from a size 26 to a 12 !!

I run 3 times a week and have just done a half marathon - crazy !!!!!

So to everyone thinking about it and have decided dont look back, be committed to this - it is hard to start with but when that weight starts coming off and you feel healthier and fitter you wont look back. I have so much energy it is amazing - finally the head hunger is under control , I eat normal sized meals really (normal as in what slim people eat !! )and can go out and eat socially .

The hardest part for me has been relationship changes from other people and getting my head around that but all in all the best thing I ever did.

Am about to start trying for baby number 4 after three terrible preganancies and am hoping that this one will be trouble free - going to look on preganacy bit now !

So to everyone thinking about it - be informed, listen to the medical advice, take your time making the decision , dont beat yourself up about not be able to lose the weight naturally and then be at peace with your decision,

for everyone about to have it or has just had the op - be strong, take it one day at a time - it does get better and be patient - very soon you wont look back - I promise !

Liz
xxxxx

Congratulations on your surgerversary. It sounds like you have done really well. Good luck with 'number 4' xx

God, I nearly had tears in my eyes (no, really). I just can not imagine being in your position, it just does not feel real. I wish I could give you a hug and say well done, I feel proud despite not knowing you. I hope I share similar experineces, my bypass is on the 18th.

Well done again and good luck with the baby plans.

This is lovely to hear. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts xx

Wonderful news that it has had such a positive effect health wise on your life.....

Best wishes with no 4... xx

Thank You everyone - but you know what that will be YOU sooner than you think - I remember reading these posts pre op and not even imagining it will be me but it is now and soon it will be you
xxxx

Back