• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand Nubian...well kinda.

Missy coco

Hello all,

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

A little background I had Lapband surgery weeeey back in July 2005 at The Princess Royal, Telford. A month after that rushed in again for a revisional surgery due to band slippage, which saw me loose 6st 7lbs in as many months. Pre op BMI:52 Weight: 27st9lbs (if memory serves) Aftercare at the time of me having the band fitted was non-exsistant. Even though I had my surgery in Telford I was living in Birmingham at the time. I then switched to heartlands for my aftercare.

Now I know there are people who have done tremendously with the band. Hats off and congratulations to you sincerely.

But for me it has been a hate hate relationship. A full on fight with PCT where I used to live in Birmingham and a serious decline in my quality of health, since the weightloss stopped. Bone health non existent . Night reflux that had me woken up by choking stomach acid fits, high blood pressure which I did not have before surgery, serious vitamin and iron deficiencies due to being told I did not need suplementatation . ...and a wandering port that could not be filled without Fluro and countless X-rays ....the list goes on.

So in Nov 14...I moved to Walsall Manor Hospital having moved house. I must say I have seen a considerable improvement in their follow up programme. Having spoke with Mr Khan I decided to give the band another go. ....during that consultation he saw it was impossible to get to my port and booked for me to have it repositioned under general anaesthetic. Year 9 and again I'm going under the knife for this thing? I decided to tell them at the pre-assesment that I want the entire thing out.Went back to see Mr Khan ,we discuss options and having done some research decided to have revision all surgery to RNY gastric bypass. I am due to have my band out on 27.07.15 then 6 weeks later I will be having the RNY (date not confirmed yet)

Sorry for rambling. But there are only 3 people in my family I have told about my plans. But they don't fully understand what it means to go on this type of journey. I am looking for like minds who understand fully.

Thank you so much for your time. Xx

Welcome
your not rambling your telling us your story!

Good luck on your journey, I'm new too! x

Hi and welcome to the site.

Band 2007, them band out and mini bypass 6 weeks ago. You'll find quite a few of us having had revisions on the site so you aren't alone in that. Good luck with your surgery.

Best of luck.... sounds like its been really tough for you and I hope it gets better.

Good luck with your journey xxx

Hi I'm also under Mr khan at walsall manor although I haven't yet met him as my first appointment isn't until 25th September. You'll probably be having your bypass around then.

I'm really nervous yo see him what's he like. I'm hoping to get a sleeve done but will have to see what he suggests.

Gd luck on your journey and keep us updated.

Oh and welcome haha

Kirsty xx

Hey Kirsty,

Thank you for the well wishes, Hun And good luck on your journey. Welcome to you too! You are in capable hands.

Mr Khan is a cool customer he pulls no punches with regards to telling you about what is evolved, expectations ...ect. The nursing staff are very good The head nurse Anna is lovely. I find them very professional and they really do know how to put you at ease. The X ray team are also exceptionally good at their job too (had to pop to them for an endoscopy) down my throat. I was super nervous but they managed to make me laugh .

I know that you are waiting at the moment but time will fly by before you know it trust me.

Hi I'm also under Mr khan at walsall manor although I haven't yet met him as my first appointment isn't until 25th September. You'll probably be having your bypass around then.

I'm really nervous yo see him what's he like. I'm hoping to get a sleeve done but will have to see what he suggests.

Gd luck on your journey and keep us updated.

Oh and welcome haha

Kirsty xx

Sorry I thought I responded to you hun.

Mr Khan is a pretty down the line type of guy. My experience with him is is pretty direct. Business-like if you will. Having asked him about the state of my liver(was curious to see if it was fatty...dunno call me odd) He said ...and I quote ..."its fine, we don't care about that" Make of that what you will.

Nursing staff are very attentive ,caring and know there stuff you will be fine. I would take someone close with you. I,ve been going by myself.

And thank you all for the welcome

Back