• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand New!

lizzie0310

Hi Im Liz, Im 36 and mum to 3 little beauties who are 5, 4 and 2. Im currently at 306lbs, its the heaviest ive been yet, Im constantly tired and little energy. Im suffering in all the wrong place like my feet, back, knees, legs in general, chest and inside my head as Im always screaming DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WEIGHT!!!

Ive been to weight watchers, slimming world, scottish slimmers, done cambridge, lighter life and been on xenical but still, im back here again bigger than ever.

I know what to do and I can do it but then the emotional hunger kicks in and im floored, like when im on a diet i can be good for probably around 2 weeks max then im downhill for a few days of weeks and it all comes back on. I dont seem to have any control over what I eat when I 'feel' I 'need' something(s!). I can be bored, happy, tired (especially bad when tired), stressed....all the usual and then I will pig out, if i start some food its all got to be eaten! or i can just eat all day sometimes i even find im eating when i didnt even realise! its all gone down the hatch so quickly it didnt even register.
Im starting to feel that surgery would be good for me as it would take away the option of being able to eat like this anymore. It would make me face my demons in the emotional eating thing ive got going on an dit would give me some wind in my sails to get active with my babies and live longer for us all. my bmi is 50.9 and i have well managed asthma. would i even qualify?? im terrified of going to the drs on the 27th but i have to do something. I live in scotland. thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Hi Lizzie

Welcome to this wonderful site. I am not able to comment on if you are able to qualify for surgery as I would be under a different PCT. I would suggest that you have a look at the NICE guidelines for your area. You can get access to the NICE guidelines via the BOSPA website which is www.bospa.org

Don't be afraid if letting your doctor know how you feel as you will need their support along your journey.

Wishing you all the best.

Hello Lizzie and welcome to Minis ... it's a great site and there are lots of people who can empathise with you and give loads of great advice too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do ... looking forward to seeing you around ...

Hi Liz and welcome.

I look forward to getting to know you. Chrystal has posted the link to the bospa site above which is where you will find the criteria for your local area. Any other questions, just shout up and the wonderful people here will do their best to answer them for you.

Hey LIssie and welcome to minis this is a fantastic site with loads of helpful people on here:) Each PCT is different so the best person to speak to would be you GP, i like you have tried various diet with no real success and decided that WLS would be the better option for me, i also used to emotionally and comfort eat, which im sure the surgery will definately help me. Look forward to seeing how you go with things and good luck with what ever you decide..
Sharon

Back