• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bread

luckyla

I haven't tried it yet?
From next Wednesday I'll be on normal food. Have done my six weeks of building up to it ;-)
Is bread a problem to get down?

Bread equals butter for me I'm afraid so I'm off it altogether and I feel better for it. Sticks to your insides like glue apparently and not easy to digest.

Try weight watchers malted bread first and toast it,It drys it out and goes down better.To be honest I hardly ever eat it now,doesnt enter my head unless im out shopping and stop for something to eat.I could only manage quarter of a samdwich and thats without crusts!I tend to have quiche and leave the pastry!Melba toast or ryvita are better.

Mixman said:
Bread isn't a problem for me but I'm 2 years out. Bread can act like a plug sometimes and be uncomfortable. I have it as it makes me feel full for longer. Rye bread is the best and easiest.

Mix

May I ask what you eat now in a typical day?

Ive not tryed bread yet. before my opp i could eat a whole loaf so im staying away from it.

Mix

May I ask what you eat now in a typical day?

All depends on if I'm working or not. If I'm at work I eat more than I should. Typically I make 6 sandwiches, normally cheese/ham salads, on small/medium breadcakes and have them spread though the day and I am a devil with crisps and do end up having a packet or 2. Bear in mind my working day I get up at 5:00 in the morning and get home around 8 in the evening followed by an hour on the X-Trainer! I try to have Rye bread where possible or at least wholemeal/farmhouse.

On a day at home I will have something like poached eggs on toast for breakfast, a pasta meal for lunch and something like rice for dinner or a hotpot/stew or just a salad. I try and have fruit when I can.

I was told to avoid bread for 12 weeks, and to be honest it hurt me to eat it for a year or more. I'm ok with it now but I don't eat much of it anyway

Mixman said:
All depends on if I'm working or not. If I'm at work I eat more than I should. Typically I make 6 sandwiches, normally cheese/ham salads, on small/medium breadcakes and have them spread though the day and I am a devil with crisps and do end up having a packet or 2. Bear in mind my working day I get up at 5:00 in the morning and get home around 8 in the evening followed by an hour on the X-Trainer! I try to have Rye bread where possible or at least wholemeal/farmhouse.

On a day at home I will have something like poached eggs on toast for breakfast, a pasta meal for lunch and something like rice for dinner or a hotpot/stew or just a salad. I try and have fruit when I can.

Thanks for your reply x

Karlos said:
I was told to avoid bread for 12 weeks, and to be honest it hurt me to eat it for a year or more. I'm ok with it now but I don't eat much of it anyway

Thanks for your reply Karlos :) x

Back