• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Breakfast

Grace

Pr-op, for breakfast I would normally have cereal or toast, or both. On a 'treat day' (often a Saturday) I would have three rounds of bread made into bacon sandwiches, or my hubby would make me a full English breakfast fry-up, in a smile face on my plate (2 eggs for eyes, 3 rashers of bacon for the smile..tomato halves for cheeks, a sausage for a nose....his love language is definitely food and feeding me!)

since my bypass....I crave fruit for breakfast (I've just eaten a small bowl of melon, pineapple and mango chunks) and I will have a bit of muller yoghurt in a bit, for some protein.

My, how my tastes have changed! And I like it....NO....I love it!

Couldn't agree more ! Pre-op I never really cared for nuts - now I eat them all the time... and I eat lots of fish which I wasn't that keen on before either. I don't crave sweets or chocolate,in fact I don't even think about them ! Breakfast this morning was porridge with added protein powder and a sprinkling of fresh blueberries.

Couldn't agree more ! Pre-op I never really cared for nuts - now I eat them all the time... and I eat lots of fish which I wasn't that keen on before either. I don't crave sweets or chocolate,in fact I don't even think about them ! Breakfast this morning was porridge with added protein powder and a sprinkling of fresh blueberries.

I wish I could risk nuts, but the chances are thy'd play havoc with my system since I have diverticulitis. I had an awful time last year and i'm pretty sure it was because I'd been tucking into nuts.
Fruit's good though.:D

I wish I could risk nuts, but the chances are thy'd play havoc with my system since I have diverticulitis. I had an awful time last year and i'm pretty sure it was because I'd been tucking into nuts.
Fruit's good though.:D

Yes, especially berries ! I also have dried berries with my nuts. C ya later Charis ! xx I'm off to the gym and then for a swim :D

I do sometimes crave a bacon sandwich usually on a Friday whilst at work. On a couple of occasions i've given in and had the bread toasted and it was delish :)

I do sometimes crave a bacon sandwich usually on a Friday whilst at work. On a couple of occasions i've given in and had the bread toasted and it was delish :)

Yummy! one day soon....but it will be for a dinner!

When i went to my seminar way back in feb i think it was the lady there who was speaking cos she had lost a lot of weight told us that she only manages 1 rasher of bacon and a tiny pitta bread for her breakfast.

I love bacon but it will be a very long time post op that ill be having of that lol xxxx

HI guys i am trying to stock up before i go into hospital were do you get the protine powders? and what do they taste like?

Back