• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Breast Uplift and Tummy Tuck

ladyluck14k

Im booked in to have a breast lift and tummy tuck mid April, im really excited but im big organiser and I feel I have no control over this! I feel unprepared!

So to any ladies who have had these procedures have any words of wisdom? Any tips on what supplies I need? What products did you find handy to have? Supplements like Arnica? Silicone scar cream? strips? Support bras? Support girdles?

Is there anything you wish you knew/did before surgery?

Im not sure what info im specifically looking for I just feel I need to be more organised! Maybe if iv got all my supplies sorted il feel a little better!

Ive researched both procedures extensively so I feel at ease about the procedure I just feel abit lost and post and pre surgery prep.

As a side note does anyone know a good UK plastic surgery forum? Ive been on so femine but it doesnt really get alot of traffic, im on real self which is good but mainly American. Any other suggestions?

I will keep this thread updated for anyone interested in the surgery or the results, any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks all x

mamma mia

Good luck I'm booked for TT Uplift and implants on 12th April and can't wait even if slightly anxious! My friend recently had surgery and swears by Arnica tablets and my nurse told me they were very good and to start taking approx 2 weeks before, also bio oil for scars is said to be good, although when I had my bypass I never used oils I had keyhole and my scars are now quite minimum all to see. I am just waiting on another blood test as my iron levels were down at 7 so I have been put on tablets and depending on results will depend whether operation will go ahead on said date! My doctor said iron levels shouldn't affect surgery but no idea what the hospital/surgeon will decide. I live in Wakefield and hospital is in Bromsgrove so had to sort kids hotel night before time off work so fingers crossed everything will be ok.
I am unsure as what size bra to buy if I'm honest I have been told sports/support bra my friend got hers from Asda and said they were great!

Good luck I will follow your progress.

Lynn xx

siana58

=I've only just been banded but already planning for tummy tuck and boob lift (who knows when?) really interested in this thread. I do know that arnica tablets great after any injury or op. I hadn't considered the bra issue, sports type bras quite tight and supportive aren't they? Esp if they are crop top type...

mamma mia

Got the arnica tablets today and bought the sports bras 2 for £7 Asda I have bought a size up so hopefully they should fit but if not doesn't really matter for £7 lol xx

Crackers169

Hi there! Ive had both procedures but separately. I didn't use arnica, but I believe it is good for you. Go to breast health online. Its a US site but they have UK folk and the info on what bras to buy is great - they have a page that recommends specifically for uk ladies. Good advice on that site about scar management, what to expect and there is a section on tummy tucks but its not been very busy recently.

All the best :)

ladyluck14k

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Mamma Mia im having my surgery the 14th of April so nearly the same time as yours. I am going to Prague for my surgery though so will be there until the 17th. I am in contact with a lady who had a breast lift at the clinic a few months back and she said they provide you with 2 support bras so im all good for bra's and il probably go to Asda once im back and have an idea as to what size I am and buy some more.

I have low iron too and im on iron tablets, I discussed it with the clinic and they said it wont affect me having surgery.

Ive been online and ordered some Arnica and also some hibiscrub to wash my body in as I read on another site that alot of ladies do this pre and post op. Ive also ordered a wedge pillow so I can be elevated in bed and prop my pillows around me as sleeping and getting comfortable in bed is gonna be tough for a while, I bought it on ebay for £18 which is not too shabby if I say so myself!

Thanks crackers for the name of that forum im off to check it out now!

ladyluck14k

Good luck to you too Mamma Mia, defo up for comparing notes! Keep u posted xxx

Thanks for that website Crackers I was on there for a good few hours last night reading all there info I didn't even get to the forum part yet, very informative xxx

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I had the 'double' done January 2014. Don't underestimate how huge the impact this is going to have. I was incapacitated for about 2 months. I couldn't even lift a kettle or a full cup of coffee for a couple of weeks. I drove at 7 weeks as I had to one day, but I didn't feel properly safe to about 9 weeks. I had many visits back to my consultant in the first three months with 'normal' problems that occur with this surgery. My scars aren't super-fab as I had malnutrition for 10 months of my initial healing (whoops). But I'm happy with it.

Leda

Leda think I am local to you hun I'm from Wakefield where you from? X

Hi, yeah I'm sure I told you that once, :) unless I'm thinking of when I told mandijayne as I noticed she was Wakefield too. I'm near Pontefract.
Do you go to the patient led monthly support meetings? X

Last edited:

ladyluck14k

Just to update anyone following this. My surgery is planned for Tuesday, it now hangs in the balance as I have had my routine bloods back and I have low iron. The surgeon has asked me to send me my full blood count result which I have sent earlier today and he will decide whether surgery can go ahead and get back to me.

Its just a waiting game now but I kinda feel like he will say no, im feeling pretty deflated right now, my flights and hotel booked already etc, but id rather know now than get there and they tell me no when im actually in the clinic and I guess im reassured he is taking my safety seriously instead of just taking my money, just very dissapointed (and cold! damn you low iron!!)

Will know the answer tomorrow so will update on here x

ladyluck14k

Thanks Crystal, I hope so! and will indeed keep u updated xxxx

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Oh my, fingers crossed for you.

I had to have an iron, b&c, b12 and vitamin d injected in my thighs and veins before mine could go ahead. I also had malnutrition at the same time. It's really frustrating :)

mamma mia

Hi hun hope everything goes to plan, I had the same problem low iron levels and have been on iron tablets for the last 5 weeks and hoping that's done enough but fingers crossed my surgery is due Sunday xx

ladyluck14k

Hey guys thanks for all the lovely messages. The surgeon has looked at my bloods and has said we can go ahead with surgery, im so relieved! He said he wants me to stay i hospital an extra night though which is fair enough, il just miss out on the lovely hotel room ive booked but least I know il be looked after!

All my bloods were in the normal range apart from my iron ( hemaglobin?) but he has looked at them and they must not be too bad, ive been on iron tablets since Oct/Nov time so that must of helped.

Will keep you all updated x