• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bricking it for wednesday :/

gailm

I know you will all think oh behave you booked the surgery lol but im so scared :'(
I'm not sleeping for worrying about it
And have gone through everything in my head like "why have you done this to yourself getting so fat!"
And why can't I do it naturally and not be a greedy cow
I'm sat here looking at my gwarjus granddaughter who is 7 months just thinking positively like "I won't be a fat nana and she will never have known me fat"
Well I'm defiantly not gonna chicken out just so so nervous and anxious
Anyone got any words of wisdom
Please send them my way hehe
Thanks guys for all your support since I've joined xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi love ,it was really my daughter getting married,(nightmare journey to vegas on a plane built for ronnie corbet! lol) then her and hubby telling us we were gonna be grandparents ,that confirmed my need to go for this op,my journey to wls had started before this but this made me 100% determined to sort myself out ,i want as many years as possible with my family ,and grandchild when bump arrives,,and i want them to be as healthy and fulfilling years as possible ,wasted to many years worrying about diets and being obese ,aching and hurting from carrying the weight ,the mental pain ,physical pain, , what ever doubts we have through fear of the op,dont compare to the fear of leaving my family before my time ,,and not being here in the future to enjoy what ever it brings them..or to wipe their tears when things go wrong for them,,been with my hubby since we were 14 through good and bad , this should be our time to enjoy life and i know this op will make our life more active and fulfilled ,and we cant wait for this next chapter in our life ,,,i hope your fear subsides,and its just the start of a new wonderful life for you and yours , x best wishes and good luck x

Motivation and don't panic, this will be the best thing you have ever done.

I found on another thread last night someones poem entitled MOTIVATION.
It is a marvellous mantra for us all when we hit those panic points in our journey. Sadly I can't find it this morning but thank fully copied it down ready to put up around the house and in my purse and diary.

Here goes:

M- Make short term goals.
O- Out with the negative thoughts.
T- Think of why you want it.
I- Imagine how you will feel.
V- Visualise the future.
A- Aknowledge your successes.
T- Treat yourself with respect.
I- Investigate new ideas and foods.
O- Observe your healthy lifestyle.
N- Never give up and never give in.

I found this something I think will help me in those dark time that will no doubt hit me somewhere on this new path I am about to travel in these last 2 weeks pre-op and on into post-op and forever. I hope they don't mind my passing it along and hope it helps you on your journey as well.

Penny.

It is only natural to be getting the jitters, i think anyone ging for any surgery does to some degree or other.

I know I will be a quivveing wreck! I NEARLY had to have surgery on my leg 18 months ago, was told i was NBM and waited allllll day, only to be told the next afternoon they decided NOT to operate. Those hous waiting I was crying and worrying.

I am sure you will get through it and afterwards think "wow, i really did the right thing here"

I wish you loads of luck on your weight loss, but please dont bet yourself up for being "fat", everyone here has probably gone through the same feelings, i know I have.
All i concentrate on now is starting my new life, SLIMMER!!

best of luck to you

starr said:
hi love ,it was really my daughter getting married,(nightmare journey to vegas on a plane built for ronnie corbet! lol) then her and hubby telling us we were gonna be grandparents ,that confirmed my need to go for this op,my journey to wls had started before this but this made me 100% determined to sort myself out ,i want as many years as possible with my family ,and grandchild when bump arrives,,and i want them to be as healthy and fulfilling years as possible ,wasted to many years worrying about diets and being obese ,aching and hurting from carrying the weight ,the mental pain ,physical pain, , what ever doubts we have through fear of the op,dont compare to the fear of leaving my family before my time ,,and not being here in the future to enjoy what ever it brings them..or to wipe their tears when things go wrong for them,,been with my hubby since we were 14 through good and bad , this should be our time to enjoy life and i know this op will make our life more active and fulfilled ,and we cant wait for this next chapter in our life ,,,i hope your fear subsides,and its just the start of a new wonderful life for you and yours , x best wishes and good luck x

Star
I know exactly what you mean think it's
Just pre-op jitters lol
Will be glad to get it over and start seeing the sun behind the clouds
What's your date for surgery?
Xxxx

penelope1008 said:
I found on another thread last night someones poem entitled MOTIVATION.
It is a marvellous mantra for us all when we hit those panic points in our journey. Sadly I can't find it this morning but thank fully copied it down ready to put up around the house and in my purse and diary.

Here goes:

M- Make short term goals.
O- Out with the negative thoughts.
T- Think of why you want it.
I- Imagine how you will feel.
V- Visualise the future.
A- Aknowledge your successes.
T- Treat yourself with respect.
I- Investigate new ideas and foods.
O- Observe your healthy lifestyle.
N- Never give up and never give in.

I found this something I think will help me in those dark time that will no doubt hit me somewhere on this new path I am about to travel in these last 2 weeks pre-op and on into post-op and forever. I hope they don't mind my passing it along and hope it helps you on your journey as well.

Penny.

Penny
That's really useful Thankyou so much
I think by Wednesday I will sleep like
A log think they will struggle to wake
Me up lol
Deep down I know it's for the best so
Will keep you all posted on my journey
Thankyou
Xxx

janie32 said:
It is only natural to be getting the jitters, i think anyone ging for any surgery does to some degree or other.

I know I will be a quivveing wreck! I NEARLY had to have surgery on my leg 18 months ago, was told i was NBM and waited allllll day, only to be told the next afternoon they decided NOT to operate. Those hous waiting I was crying and worrying.

I am sure you will get through it and afterwards think "wow, i really did the right thing here"

I wish you loads of luck on your weight loss, but please dont bet yourself up for being "fat", everyone here has probably gone through the same feelings, i know I have.
All i concentrate on now is starting my new life, SLIMMER!!

best of luck to you

Thankyou Janie
I'm going to try keep thinking of the end result
I will probably laugh at myself after the op
For being a big baby lol
I've just never had a op before and 42years old being really lucky that way
But here's to my future and all the lovely
People I've met on this journey here:)
Wls support is a real life saver
Xxxd

GailM, you are a darling and you will be the glamorous granny after this!

All of us got nervous leading up to it. The idea of the procedure is scary, but, the implications for me of my future if I didnt have it were also scary. I hope you manage to relax, I had mine nearly two weeks ago and I honestly can say I expected it to be so much worse. It was genuinely ok and I was on my feet within hours of coming round.

Love and hugs x x x

gailm , iv not got a date at moment, had 2 cancelled (,was the 6th of july ), due to hospital errors, but will def be before end of september,so im told , believe it when im on the bed lol,,everyones been so great on here and so helpful,its a great forum and i hope you are feeling better and less scared , cant wait to hear all about your op ,and see you shrinking over the coming months x good luck love x

I think by the time I get as close to my date as you I may well be in the same state. Although I am told I may need ear plugs as the ward in the royal Bournemouth is quite noisy. Oh well sleep deprivation may mean I sleep through it all being so tired. Lol.

Back