• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Broth and Jelly Diet

Weeblexx123

Hi all my 2 week pre op diet was broth and jelly. At the time OMG how will I survive on that but it is doable and it is good prep for the post op liquid diet. My advice is to go for variety in whatever diet they put you on bordem is the greatest enemy. So I alternated broth and jelly flavours. If you can crack the pre op diet you are on a winner :)

What exactly IS broth ?

What exactly IS broth ?

In Britain, a broth is defined as a soup in which there are solid pieces of meat or fish, along with some vegetables. A broth is usually made with a stock or plain water as its base, with meat or fish added while being brought to a boil, and vegetables added later.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hummmmm....

I'm going for round 2 of the pre-op diet in May, and am doing to alternate milk and soup, I think the idea of chunky bits may be a good idea as I'll be doing another round of the post-op liquids, going to skip the purée (yukky yukky yuk), then onto mush, YAY!

In Britain, a broth is defined as a soup in which there are solid pieces of meat or fish, along with some vegetables. A broth is usually made with a stock or plain water as its base, with meat or fish added while being brought to a boil, and vegetables added later.

I copied and pasted this, wasn't meant to sound so clinical!

..but now I know ! I've always wondered what makes a broth a broth rather than a soup but always forgot to look it up.

Back