• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 of pre-op

embrace1204

Decided to do the milk diet as I don't like soup/broth. I don't normally drink much milk but as long as it's really cold I can cope with it.

Mentally I think I've accepted that this is it for the next few weeks, and then 60-70% of my stomach will be removed (very weird how calm I feel about it now). :cool:

Noticed from reading some of the threads on here that some people do the pre-op diet for 3 or 4 weeks instead of 2. Why is that?

Also, how much have you lost pre-surgery on the milk diet?

The length of time someone is required to do a pre-op for usually depends on their BMI to be honest, but it will also vary by surgeon and surgery type :)

Good luck - my provider suggested a low carb, low fat, low cal diet, but I went with the milk diet - much easier and prepared me for the liquid only stage post op :)

Good luck with milk diet I'm thinking of doing my just to shift some of the extra pounds I have put on plus to get use to not eating a lot.

I am dreading doing the Milk diet as I hate the smell of milk, can you drink skimmed milk because even semi skimmed smells off to me?

Hi Embrace! I just wanted to let you know that, i heard on another forum, that Dr Cerny from BB has left. I think you'd best investigate! xx

Just thought i'd post what i have read, this poor lady is out there on her own, being pushed from pillar to post whilst they try to find another company to sleeve her. I just want you to be safe! Quote;

I feel beautiful beings have led me on, and that they could of sorted this out and let me know sooner. I will never recommend them.

Yeah I've heard. I've asked for a refund now I know about the patient out there at the moment.

Last edited:
nope, they've told me to wait a week as they're thinking all will be ok - that's not good enough in my opinion! Especially now I know someone is pretty much stranded out there.

Decided to remain positive and start my pre-op diet on Sunday - if my date of surgery has to change then at least I'll have had a taster of what 2 weeks of it will be like lol.

I have to say Beautiful Beings have been lovely with me this morning, and I would consider them still for plastics.

I'm doing my own version of a pre-op diet. I'm having 3-4 pints of milk a day, a protein shake and then for dinner I will have either a low fat soup or tuna mixed with sweetcorn, a ryvita and extra light mayo. The tuna mix is my once a week treat lol. So far I've lost 13lb on it and that was 'half' doing it until yesterday where I'm now full on with it :)

Back