• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Burnt out 5 weeks post op....

Hi tpt sorry you are still suffering, as a nurse myself I am glad you are able to address that you have not been looking after yourself.
Sounds like you need more than a week off work, school will be challenging enough.
Glad you are getting in touch with your team, I agree with nic, you may need your Hb checking, do take care, as Allie said it is easy to forget you have had major surgery, but you know you have and you know it takes 8/12 weeks to heal internally when you have had all that replumbing.
LOOK after YOURSELF hope you feel better soonxxx

Jay xx

its a case of too much too soon - having major surgery, trying to cope with a completely new eating regime and moving house is bound to take its toll. I would try spending a couple of days doing absolutely nothing.

its a case of too much too soon - having major surgery, trying to cope with a completely new eating regime and moving house is bound to take its toll. I would try spending a couple of days doing absolutely nothing.

Ha ha - I am trying!!! Honest! I have an 18 month old Newfie pup who is NOT a normal low energy, laid back Newf, she is a bundle of pure naughtiness and energy, plus my other dog. I managed to get 30 mins kip on the sofa today before she slavvered all over my face and tried to stick her infeasibly large tongue up my nostril...:D

I'm not going to lecture you chick cause I'm no better.

Try power knapping, its works for me at the moment. When I get to that point where I'm so tired I can't move anymore I just give in to it and sleep for ten mins or so.

Hope things improve soon.

xxx

I think i'm just a wimp as i am 10wks post-op and i still get really tired and if i have over extended myself that's it i have to go to bed and sleep otherwise i'm not fit to do anything for days.

Just take your time and be patient you will get there in the end and feel fabulous too.

Sending hugs with fairy dust to make you feel better xx

Back