• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op RNY!!

Silver Shoes

Hi all!

Well I'm now 2 weeks post op my RNY and I have lost 17 lbs. I am so pleased by that. I know it will slow down and I will stall, but I'm so pleased I had the Bypass. And at last, I know the weight will not return.

Generally I am back to normal, although still a bit tender around the site where the drain was situated. My wounds are all healing beautifully, and today, I start the soft diet phase which will be a bit more interesting than puree:D It means I can have whole soft cooked vegetables now..lol

I am still very tired, but I dont know how much of this is due to the Bypass, and how much is due to my Fibromyalgia. I'm taking things day by day. Obviously I'm not getting much in the way of food energy especially due to the malabsorption, but I'm hoping that as I manage more food, the stronger I will become!

Well, I think I have probably bored you enough now if you are reading this, so I'll say bye bye!

Kel xx

well done on the loss so far :) that's fantastic. Sounds like you're doing really well.

I have fibro too, and have been tiring easily still at 4weeks post op. I think it's a general post op thing, but maybe having fibro (or similar conditions) makes it worse as we're generally tired anyway!

Well done Kel, you will find that you get stronger as time passes - I was really tired post-op for a few weeks but your energy will return soon. Well done on the fantastic weight loss as well x

Well done Kel, fantastic loss keep up the good work - and No you never bore us!!!

I still feel tired after 4 weeks, I think we feel great in some many other ways we expect to feel 100% but our body takes it's time to heal from such a major op.

Nic xx

Back