• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By-band-sleeve Study

Lady Shaz

Anybody under Heartlands and feeling as though they might be pressured to have a particular kind of surgery due to the random selection with the by-band-sleeve study?

At the seminar I made it clear that I was happy to have my appointments recorded but didn't want to fully take part as j didn't want a surgery chosen at random.

I've been given a surgeons appointment with Mr Super, but when I've researched him he only does the band. I'd really like a sleeve. When I called to query it I was told that it was because of the study. I've heard from one person on here who said they went to see him wanting a sleeve, but he told her the band was a better option for her. I'm worried about being steamrollered into a band as I'm worried it won't be effective enough. I know some people have had great results with it, but I've heard if a lot that haven't!

If you want a sleeve have a sleeve don't be pushed into anything, it's a lifelong decision and you need to be fully behind your choice to work with it.

I agree with Karina. Besides, the chances are you would never be happy with a surgery you really didn't want. You should be given all options tbh. But, you haven't seen him yet so there may not be a need to worry. Tell him your concerns and what you want.

Back