• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Joined The By-Band Study

aprylsdad

Hi all, last thursday I had my first appointment with the surgeon Mr Byrne at Southampton Spire hospital. He was very helpful and explained the surgery. He asked if I would like to join the By-Band study and explained that it is a research study to find what work best the band or gastric bypass. He also said I would have a 50-50 chance of either. Initially I had doubts but he explained that both operations have a similar weight loss achievement long term. I accepted and filled in a very long questionaire. The research nurse told me she would let me know what opperation I have been given later that day and the news for me was very good as I have been give the bypass which is what I wanted. Im just waiting for a call/letter from them to see the mdt and then hopefully a date.

Hi all, last thursday I had my first appointment with the surgeon Mr Byrne at Southampton Spire hospital. He was very helpful and explained the surgery. He asked if I would like to join the By-Band study and explained that it is a research study to find what work best the band or gastric bypass. He also said I would have a 50-50 chance of either. Initially I had doubts but he explained that both operations have a similar weight loss achievement long term. I accepted and filled in a very long questionaire. The research nurse told me she would let me know what opperation I have been given later that day and the news for me was very good as I have been give the bypass which is what I wanted. Im just waiting for a call/letter from them to see the mdt and then hopefully a date.

oh brilliant news. I was asked to take part in Sunderland but declined as I really did not think the band was an option for me. I bet your so relieved! Good luck x

They invited me too (I'm in Bournemouth) but the recording of the operation (ugh! They're all going to look at my wobbly bits!!!) and not knowing what imwas having really freaked me out ha ha. I really don't want to get the band, I'm worried my son would shift it when he's in mega boisterous mode :/

Good luck :D xx

Starduck I'm at Bournemouth too! But they don't look at your wobbly bits lol Nobody see's your body or your face. only some will have their operations filmed after giving their consent and the only bit that will be seen is through the incision etc. From June the Sleeve will be added in to the study. I too didn't really want the band but I liked the fact that they would monitor and look after you throughout the study but, luckily I got bypass. Plus at any point you can change your mind and come off the study without giving a reason.

Back