• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By-band study

Jacwat

Hi
I got a letter from Sunderland today asking if I would like to take part in the By-band study. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone taken part? I am not keen as really don't want a band but just curious on what everyone else thinks?
Thanks
Jackie

I guess that means you've been approved!! Yay!! One step closer - get on the phone to appointments to chivvy up your next date :)
As far as I know the by-band study is research looking at the effectiveness of bypass v band. Participants are randomly assigned a procedure so it's pot luck which you end up with - risky if you're dead set against one of them! I suppose the good thing is you'll probably have a pretty good follow up service because they'll want your data!!!

I guess that means you've been approved!! Yay!! One step closer - get on the phone to appointments to chivvy up your next date :)
As far as I know the by-band study is research looking at the effectiveness of bypass v band. Participants are randomly assigned a procedure so it's pot luck which you end up with - risky if you're dead set against one of them! I suppose the good thing is you'll probably have a pretty good follow up service because they'll want your data!!!

I know Suzie, bit of a gamble isn't it. Knowing my luck I would end up with a band and I really don't want that. I just hope it does not hold things up. I do think it would have its advantages too, especially if randomised to the bypass arm! xx

If you really don't want a band I'd say don't do it! I'm sure it shouldn't impact on your progress. It's just another thing to stress over, they don't make it easy do they?

If you really don't want a band I'd say don't do it! I'm sure it shouldn't impact on your progress. It's just another thing to stress over, they don't make it easy do they?

Well I have spent most of the day researching the By-band study and the gastric band v bypass / sleeve and I have decided not to take part. I am going to ring them on Monday and tell them my decision. I just really hope this will not delay things for me. I cannot see any benefit to be honest of taking part and I know that this might be seen as selfish to some people as I know it will help in the future but at the moment I just want to have surgery to be able to get on with my life! Does anyone think I am mad? x

I don't think you're mad or selfish at all! It's important you make the right decision for you. Wls is such a huge decision in the first place without complicating things!

I don't think you're mad or selfish at all! It's important you make the right decision for you. Wls is such a huge decision in the first place without complicating things!

Thanks Suzie, my head is all over the place! xx

Well I met the research lady today and informed her that I did not want to take part in the study, They have only recruited 3 people so far! Feel happier now!

Back