• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By-Band Reaserch Study

janet_hi

If you are thinking of having NHS WLSurgery at one of these Hospitals! Taunton, Southampton, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Luton, Leeds and London (Homerton). They are participating in the By-Band Study. It will help you to check out the Study in the link below:-

https://www.by-band.bristol.ac.uk/patient.aspx

I have now joined this study even though I was quite adamant I wanted the Sleeve which isn't in study. But, after going to my 1st Group Session to find out that all 3 surgeries over three years achieve the same weight loss. Which is my main goal to lose the weight and get healthy as soon as possible. Plus they look after you for three years. I felt for me it would stop me falling off the wagon or help at any time if I was in difficulty! I'm not sure but think you may be seen quicker by participating as two people on my session who were already on had Feb for Op and I was told May. So fingers crossed ;):)

wow didn't read fully (on way out soon) but got to the bit where it says your op will be chosen randomly !! I should imagine it will be very interesting to say the least.............. being on the study, which ever op you get, gives you the best possible support, with lots of back up to keep you on the straight and narrow :) i will read fully one im home again later ................wishing you all the best.............. i had a band fitted via the NHS and the support has been invaluable x x x x

Back