• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well now on the other side...

Well it's taken over 18 months, a cancelled op, an abandoned op after finding a hiatus hernia and change to type of surgery to have. But last Wednesday on 6 September I had hiatus hernia repair alongside a laparoscopic bypass. Was in agony to start and got home Friday night. Luckily although black and blue and still in a lot of pain, all went according to plan and now just on the road to recovery. Glad to be on the other side.

Four weeks liquids, then 2 weeks purée and 2 weeks soft foods before some resemblance of normality.

Was so frightened before I went in, but the support from everyone on this site has been amazing.

I'll start a diary post op soon to keep everyone updated. Thanks for all of your support x

FeeBee

So great to hear from you :) take your time recovering x

Laaux

Well it's taken over 18 months, a cancelled op, an abandoned op after finding a hiatus hernia and change to type of surgery to have. But last Wednesday on 6 September I had hiatus hernia repair alongside a laparoscopic bypass. Was in agony to start and got home Friday night. Luckily although black and blue and still in a lot of pain, all went according to plan and now just on the road to recovery. Glad to be on the other side.

Four weeks liquids, then 2 weeks purée and 2 weeks soft foods before some resemblance of normality.

Was so frightened before I went in, but the support from everyone on this site has been amazing.

I'll start a diary post op soon to keep everyone updated. Thanks for all of your support x

I'm so pleased to hear everything went well :) wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep us all posted x

Sunshine99

@Madame Butterfly

Wow, you've really been through it :(,

Wishing you a speedy recovery, And, Good Luck on the rest of your journey to a new you.:stickdance: :stickdance: :) :stickdance::stickdance:

Toni:rainbow: