• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass books

belbouteloup

Evening all
Hope your all well and dandy, just wondererd if anyone can recommend any bypass cookery books, if they exist, and where from.
Love as ever xxxxxxxx

candie

fabby not flabby :)
There's a few on Amazon, no idea what they're like though as i'm veggie so wont be much use to me;)

phatgirl

I own the following:

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies (has a small but good recipe section, with American measurements)

Before & After: Living and Eating Well After WLS (many of the recipes I post are adapted from this book, again American measurements, excellent recipes).

I have borrowed:

Eating Well After WLS (I have only skimmed it but it looks good, American)

I use the following links also:

theworldaccordingtoeggface
scroll down the left side of the page and check-out the archives, it is a treasure trove of wls recipes w/pictures & instructions (American)

Weight Loss Surgery Kitchen
(American)

BariatricEating.com Health & Nutrition - Our Recipe Box
(American)

HTH,
Nic:p

phatgirl

Oh, yeah I bought my books from amazon.co.uk.:D

candie

Thanks for the websites hun:D:D:DI've spied some veggie recipes already;)

charliegirl

I have just ordered Weight loss surgery for dummies and another after weight loss receipe book from amzason only cost £15.50 with free postage and they should be here on saturday. You can flick through the dummies one on line and there seems to be a good few receipes in there....will post how my opinions when I have had a good look at them...xx

wobbles

I bought a couple online but have found them to be not so great.
|I've been struggling lately with finding recipes, but yesterday i ordered two books. I've come to realise that i need to eat similarly to a diabetic, low fat, low sugar, so i have ordered low fat low sugar, diabetic recipe books.

hopelesscase

I have the same books as PG and although they are americal i just looked for a conversion chart on line and printed it off so when the recipe referes to 1 cup its easier to understand.

phatgirl

Let me know how you like them, maybe I'll get some too. Never can have enough recipes I say!

phatgirl

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
:d'oh::d'oh::d'oh:

:secret::secret:

hehe, now nobody will need me to come to the rescue with a recipe!!! Damn my need to share:p:p:p

ditzyangeluk

But hey, you come to the rescue for so many other things that is just one of your talents (& pinching is a very skilled thing you know!) :p;) :hug99::flowers:

uglyduck16

I own the following:

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies (has a small but good recipe section, with American measurements)

Before & After: Living and Eating Well After WLS (many of the recipes I post are adapted from this book, again American measurements, excellent recipes).

I have borrowed:

Eating Well After WLS (I have only skimmed it but it looks good, American)

I use the following links also:

theworldaccordingtoeggface
scroll down the left side of the page and check-out the archives, it is a treasure trove of wls recipes w/pictures & instructions (American)

Weight Loss Surgery Kitchen
(American)

BariatricEating.com Health & Nutrition - Our Recipe Box
(American)

HTH,
Nic:p

Thank you Nic for these links, that rocks!! :D
I have got 'weight loss for dummies' (that's me lol!:8855:) and it is a really good book because it is set out so you can just go to the section that you want to read about without having to read the book cover-to-cover. :)

:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

candie

Lizzie has it got any veggie recipes in?:confused:

grom

Slim for 2009
I've ordered a couple from Amazon too - will let peeps know what they are like when they arrive

uglyduck16

Lizzie has it got any veggie recipes in?:confused:

Urmm i am not sure candie- i will go and have a look ;)
How did you get on the other day?? I was thinking about you, i just have been to tired to come on here. Hope it went OK!!! :hug99:
Xxxx Lizzie xxX

uglyduck16

Hiya Candie!!
Sorry i got a bit sidetracked!! :rolleyes: :eek:
Alot of the recipies seem to be smoothies! I would rent the book from the library first if you are not sure about it- i think libraries totally rock!!
Anyway hope you are doing OK,
Xxx Lizzie xxX