• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op books?

OOnion

Can anyone recommend some really useful books to read pre op, I have read The Emotional first aid kit: a guide to bariatric surgery and Gastric Bypass Surgery: the psychological journey.
Can anyone suggest any other good books ?
:eek:

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies is quite good - very practical, going through the different procedures etc x

I'm reading a book called the weight loss surgery connection. It's about a lady and her husband who had the RNY at the same time. Its a really great book! They tell you all kinds of things including what to eat, how to get your house (kitchen) ready, what to take to the hospital and everything in between. There's lots of peoples stories too and recipes. Love this book! A friend gave it to me and I highly recommend it!

I could do with a self help guide that teaches me how to not want to go all psycho on my partner when he's sat eating fish and chips from the chippy with loads of salt and vinegar on!!! Talk about torture!!

On a more helpful note though, the bariatric cookbook is good and gives some good recipes for all of the stages afterwards, but it's quite pricey for the size :)

H xx

I could do with a self help guide that teaches me how to not want to go all psycho on my partner when he's sat eating fish and chips from the chippy with loads of salt and vinegar on!!! Talk about torture!!

On a more helpful note though, the bariatric cookbook is good and gives some good recipes for all of the stages afterwards, but it's quite pricey for the size :)

H xx

The cookbook sounds gr8. I'm pretty sure you'd get off with involuntary manslaughter for the hubby though - he's asking for it x

Thanks honey, much appreciate - will go look these out now as it was first aid kit I couldn't remember :)

Back