• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am New to this site...HELP...

Ollie Norris

Hi to all who read this,

I am having a RNY Gastric Bypass on the 29th June...eeeek not long to go, and I am in the middle of my pre op diet...ALthough I am really looking forward to a better quality of life, I would be lying if I did not admit to worrying about how drastic the surgery is at the same time...I am sure I am not alone...and would love to hear from anyone who is going through, or indeed has gone through the same roller-coaster...

Welcome! I'm pre-op but hope to be done soon after you. Someone will be along soon who has been there and I'm sure they will tell you its normal to feel like this. Its a big step but a worthwhile one x

Welcome to the forum xx

I have my op same day as you and i am all over the place! lol
One second really excited and the next sooo scared!
I think this is very normal as it is such a life changing operation to have.

Danielle x

Hey! I'm due in for RNY day before you. All my previous posts have been similar roller coaster of emotions! I would recommend having a read through all the previous posts they are really really helpful and informative! Hope to see you on the losers bench! X x

I think everyone here understands the rollercoaster ride thing.

I have to say the op itself isn't the thing I lose most sleep over..............it's the spending of that amount of money on myself!!!

We've got 3 girls, 2 older needed help with home and deposits etc and a little one that just wants everything!!

Should I really spend that sort of money on me??

I know they all support me and want me to go ahead with the surgery..........but at night I just lie there trying to justify it...

Hi Ollie, I am on that roller coaster too. And I have had some great advice here in the forum. I dont suppose I will feel completely fearless before the op but I am a little wiser about what to expect. Being in the same boat is exactly why this forum exists I suppose and the best place to find your reassurance. My Op is 9th July and I am counting the days.

chin up you know its the right thing for you

Hi ollie, I've just had my bypass on the 16th. I went through every emotion under the sun..........twice! Afterwards I was thinking to myself what have I done? But now I am 4 days post op, whilst I am still in pain, I am able to rationalise things a bit more. Truly every day things do get better, try not to doubt yourself.

Hi and Welcome x

Hi and Welcome. September last year i had all the same feelings as you. I'm now 9 months post op and 105lb lighter i have not had one regret and my life is now 100% better. Good Luck with your weightloss journey.

I think we all have doubts and fears at some point or another on this journey, only we can decide whats right for us.

This forum is full of very positive and uplifting stories that I now am so definately sure that this is right for me.

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you

hi id like to no how much weight do you have to loss after you see the nurse as my app is in september but im starting to lose weight now will this weight loss count

Christine,

Did you get your first weight in at the seminar, if so then you may have been told what weight you are expected to loose. I weighed in at 20st 13lbs and was advised to loose 3kg or more by the time I had my appointment with the consultant. I hadnt lost the full amount and still had to do it by the time I went for the gastroscope. I had lost 5kg by then but I suppose it depends what weight you were when you went to your first appointment with the nurse about 4 months after the seminar. Everyones weight loss target may or may not be the same but I think you have to show you can loose some weight yourself. It all counts from the seminar to the surgery hun. Keep at it and WELL DONE!!

Sarah we do everything for our kids, sometime you need to do something for yourself. I emptied the savings account and borrowed some to be banded earlier this month but after decades of putting everyone else first, its my turn. and yours x x x

Back