• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi... at the start of my journey.. based in Manchester.

Rosie_buttercup

Hi All,

Last week I attended my first appt with ABL health... got a group session booked for next week and then a surgery group in September.

I have a Bmi of just over 50... tried everything to lose weight.. always lose 1-2 stone then get stuck.

Joined the forum to understand more about the process and people's experiences.. as I am a little confused about the pathway to surgery.

Thanks Rosie

Hi All,

Last week I attended my first appt with ABL health... got a group session booked for next week and then a surgery group in September.

I have a Bmi of just over 50... tried everything to lose weight.. always lose 1-2 stone then get stuck.

Joined the forum to understand more about the process and people's experiences.. as I am a little confused about the pathway to surgery.

Thanks Rosie
Hi Rosie, I'm not from the Manchester area, so cannot comment on what happens in your area, as it is not only different area to area, but also from surgeon to surgeon. But wanted to say good luck with your WL journey, I look forward to seeing your progress x

Hi Rosie and welcome

I’m from Durham :). What surgery are you hoping for if you don’t mind me asking You will make some lovely friends and get lots of support on your journey from everyone on this forum x

Hi and welcome each hospital/surgeon is different so can’t really help on that but we all try to support each other and you can read peoples diaries which can be really inspirational.
Good luck xx

Hi which hospital are u attending i did my tier 3 in liverpool as that was my closest hospital i live in the lakes but my opp is going to be at stoke on Trent

Hi All,

Thankyou for your responses... I have attended 2 sessions on tier 3 - which are prior to anything starting really. I have my 1st of 6 months worth of sessions starting on Tuesday.
My first appointment.. was with a lovely very understanding women.. but I really liked.
The 2nd I went for over a month ago now was introduction to the groups... the person hosting that group..
I thought was ok.
But I when I brought up wanting to have surgery.. he instantly was trying to put me off saying.. I will have to take vitamins for life (erm! Don't mind! I take the contraceptive pill everyday! And if I have a long life of taking vitamins.. it's a small price to pay) and that I wouldn't be able to drink fizzy drinks! (Again small price to pay!)
He told he group that we would be doing tier 3 for a year before being referred to the actual hospital for surgery- but in the paperwork they gave me it says 6 months if your BMi is over 50 (like mine).
It all just seems so secretive!

I am very open to what type of surgery.. but due to the amount I would like to lose bypass or sleeve seems to be the best option... but i will let the health professionals decide.

Thanks Rosie x

Hi Rosie I agree be led by them as to what surgery you have. I was unsure and the gastric scope decided for me Bypass and hernia removal As for that guy there’s always one! Stick to your guns hun xx

See id be better of in manchester its easier to get to but i need to go to stoke on trent as thats who took over the wls from liverpool and its causing a bk log im sure
I would of loved to off done my tier 3 in the community but i had to travel 100 miles to liverpool for all my appointment b4 i got transfered to stoke which is even further

Back