• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass on monday.

tray

well i only have a couple of days left of the old me. as it gets closer, i seem to feel more nervous , i have writen letters to all my family just incase :(. im so thankfull for the support i have had from family, and friends on here, i hope that if it all goes well i will continue to get support from everyone.. my worry is that when they open me up my liver wont be small enough. but i guess i will find out on monday .....

You'll be fine & so will your liver.

You've had a long hard road to get to this point & now it's gonna happen for you. Best of luck for Monday & I hope you have a speedy recovery x

Tray, the liver thing is really bothering me too, have you heard of anyone who has had their op abandoned as their liver is too big? How do you know if you liver has shrunk enough.
Well done you too for writing letters to loved ones, i really cannot bring myself to do it, i am trying to think positively, i keep thinking how many thousands of people dont have any problems, and i am sure we will be one of them (well 2 of them!)
Saying goodbye to my old friend food is bothering me. My consultant said on Tuesday that i am basically addicted to food, now thats scary, there is going to be a very big hole in my life from Monday, and am so worried about what is going to fill it.

xxx

i woke up this morning and just had to write letter to my family. as for knowing if the liver has shrunk , i have no idea..lol im worried about having to drink the build up milk shakes as i hate anything in my milk , it makes me sick.. just smelling any flavours in it turns my stomach. i am just hoping that on monday it will all go good .. and i can look forward to the new me xx

good luck Tray, you're in safe hands

good luck for monday and to a new you

best wishes to you both - hope it goes briliantly! xxx

GOOD LUCK TRAY, i will be thinking of you!
don't worry about the liver thing, i had a large fatty liver when i had my op. i was in tears when they told me, i thought they thought i hadn't done the pre-op diet, but they told me they did believe me because of the weight i lost in those two weeks.

Hello
Just wishing you luck for Monday! Im having mine done on Friday in Manchester. I know its going to be life changing but Im looking forward to actually getting to a healthy weight! Let us know how you get on

I'm 5 weeks post bypass now and all is well, odd twinge but otherwise fine. I was worried about the liver as well and asked, the response was they have never cancelled an op and my consultant had never had to 'open' anyone up. Hope that helps. I can't believe how quick the time has passed. I'll be glad to move off puree food tho'.

Phil

Back