• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass or Sleeve

Gladys Friday

I have been thinking all along that I would go for a sleeve but am now thinking maybe bypass may be the thing. Any thoughts?

Debbie

Depends on your BMI, eating habits and surgeons recommendation for you.

I wasnt sure about this either but when I saw my Surgeon he seemed to advise me on what the best thing for me was. As said I think its all to do with the eating habits you have.

I flipped back and forth between the two, until I met my surgeon. He asked about my eating habits, and said I was fine for a sleeve or a bypass and (partially due to previous open surgery to have my gall bladder removed years ago) suggested a sleeve, but said the decision was ultimately mine.

I chose a sleeve, and haven't looked back since!

Talk with your surgeon and decide from there - but do your research before so you can ask questions that are important to your decision!

I flipped back and forth between the two, until I met my surgeon. He asked about my eating habits, and said I was fine for a sleeve or a bypass and (partially due to previous open surgery to have my gall bladder removed years ago) suggested a sleeve, but said the decision was ultimately mine.

I chose a sleeve, and haven't looked back since!

Talk with your surgeon and decide from there - but do your research before so you can ask questions that are important to your decision!

I'm in the same boat keep swaying between sleeve or bypass I cannot decide

I'm in the same boat keep swaying between sleeve or bypass I cannot decide

Do a lot of research, talk to post-ops and try to make the most informed decision you can!

Back