• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve or bypass?

Just a little up date as I'm bursting at the seams with excitement..... I got my pre op date today.....it's booked for the 27th may so fingers crossed for surgery early July , yayyyyyyyyyy so happy :0)

Congrats fab news

They move pretty quickly at the UCLH, I too am under Mr Jenkinson, my op is tomorrow *gulp* good luck with your journey Jodie, you will be losing before you know it :)

They move pretty quickly at the UCLH, I too am under Mr Jenkinson, my op is tomorrow *gulp* good luck with your journey Jodie, you will be losing before you know it :)

Hope all went well, how are u feeling? :0)

Congratulations on getting your op date!!

I am tempted by the high and quick loses of a bypass (my highest weight was 32st), but I want children in the future and lack of absorbing nutriants worries me, so I chose a Sleeve.

My team wouldn't tell me what they thought, they said I had to choose! I must admit, I'd rather they did say 'you're having this one' and I would go with that... But alas, it wasn't going to happen.

I wish you every success with your op and look forward to hearing about your journey xx

How did you get on gemzy? Hope you are home and well xx

Hi I am also waiting for my pre op appointment at the UCLH Mr Jenkingson has recommended the sleeve to me although I wanted to have the band originally he told me that there is only a 50 percent success rate with the band . I feel nervous about having the sleeve though as it is a big operation.
Is there any one who is at the UCL who has had wight loss surgery there.xx

Androulla

Hey Jodie I'm a fellow UCLH patient! Mr jenkinson actually let me decide which option I wanted and I went in with a lot of info and pretty sure I wanted the sleeve and he agreed! He's great though so of course have to say listen to him. I went for the sleev as I have 3 kids and felt it was a better option with less interference and no problems with iron etc. Mine was 1 year 4 months ago I'm at goal and thrilled! The uclh were amazing you are in good hands!!

Hi Eve I saw from your thread you had the sleeve done at the UCL with dr Jenkingson . I am waiting for a sleeve op there also but feel quite nervous about it , did you have any complications after?any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks Androulla

Back