• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass puds

belbouteloup

hi folks
Just wonderd if anyone could recommend a ready made low fat/low sugar pudding that is suitable post bypass and I coulld have over Christmas ?can't wait for Christmas to be over,if I see one more ad with colleen and Kerry with all that bloody food,ooh those cakes..it's driving me demented !

I stole this one from the internet, not tried it myself but it sounds good.

Fat & Sugar Free Fruit Cake

12 oz Mixed dried fruit (i vary this depending on whats in the cupboard)
1 mug of hot strong black tea

Put the fruit in a bowl, pour over the hot tea & leave for a few hours or overnight.

to the fruit mixture add

1 large egg
1 teasp Bicarbonate of soda
8 oz SR flour
1 oz Candarel powdered sweetener

fold these into the fruit, pour into a greased & lined loaf tin. Cook for 45-60 mins at 180, or until a skewer comes out clean.

I as an RNYer can eat this, so does my Dad who's Diabetic, it uses candarel or the equivalent shops own powdered sweetener.

It is really nice, sort of an adaptation of a Bara Brith Recipe, it was trial & error, but the same cake with sugar uses 8 oz of soft light brown sugar.

It is honestly impossible to tell it is sugar & fat (apart from the egg & butter to grease tin) free!!

i have given this recipe to several diabetic friends who regularly make it.

Enjoy!!

ps, really nice with butter on it but that kinda defeats the point!!

I don't cook! BUT I make two of these a week - my hubby loves it! (I don't like the fruit so don't eat it - need a fruit-free versio for me!!)

I add chopped cherries & nuts to it & that is lovely (apparently!)

Give it a go - everyone will love it. So easy to do & keeps for ages as it's really moist.

Back