• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass Reversal??

bubblyangie

Just a Quick question....... Is there anyone on here who has had or knows of anyone who had had a Gastric Bypass reversal or Part reversal ????:wave_cry:

I have been asked to seriously consider going down this route, If my health and weight do not start to plateau out, this of course has freaked me out, but I must admit already over night I am thinking differently about it, but I would benefit from hearing from someone who has been there done that!!

Will keep you informed along the way!:eek:

i dont know any answers sweets, but why have you been asked to consider this?.... xx

Hi Kelly,
I have lost ALL of my weight, and although the scales would probably make you think I could actually lose some more, my actual body frame is just skin and bone, and due to the rapid loss it has left me very lethargic unwell, due to the muscle tone lost also it is not as easy to build myself back up.... I dump on ALL protein supplements, and as ive posted my bloods have been all over the place, and I am still having problems with abdo pain, so all in all I AM A WRECK well it seems like it...

I am not giving up yet, I am off work this week and I intend to try out a load of High Protein recipes, making them up as I go, I am going to try and eat myself well and so not having to go down this route, but If I have to I have to, at the end of the day I want My health not just skinny!!

Hi Angie
Sorry your having trouble, i dont know the answers but wish you well.
xxxx

Could you go through taking more calories in route?

Like having fattier foods and more carbs? Like Shellbell does?

Just something you don't dump on?

:hug99:

hi ange, am really sorry to hear about the problems your having. if they do the reversal, will it be a total reversal or just partial, im just thinking you might be in danger of actually putting weight back on if they do a total, or can they so something that will help, but will still not let you put too much weight back on, if you get me, lol big hugs x

Hi,

I suffer with chronic malabsorption, so have to eat a very high fat diet to maintain my weight. If I get ill or stressed I lose quickly, even now. I've lost 8 1/2 lbs in the last month!

I can tolerate fat just fine, so that tends to be my main staple. I know my dump limits, so tend to snack just up to them for extra calories etc. It sounds like protein needs to be the key for you though, but high protein tends to mean weight loss post op, so look for fatty protein like lasagne, kebabs, lamb etc.

Your GP can prescribe you high calorie supplements, I was on Nestle Resource during my pregnancy. 300cals in 150mls. You would need to play about to find one that doesn't make you dump, ask for a diabetic one maybe? Just be aware that most GPs will prescribe a month worth, and often just one flavour, which for trialing purposes is pretty useless! Don't use them as a meal replacement, but add one in like a drink.

Thanks Shelbell, I am trying all I can to get enough Protein and calories in, I have tried so many supplements and I cannot take them at all, but I am not giving up without a fight, so I am trying lots of new foods and we will soon see..

Thanks for the advice

Back