• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat Doctor Programme on Discovery Health

everpositive

Hi you guys,

Hope you are all well?
Just wondered if anyone has seen the show I mention in the thread title? Great show and I have to admit I am watching the repeats again, as its been on loads. Of course it is of particular interest with my surgery 5 weeks away. That said, he does appear to be doing open surgery as opposed to key hole which most folks on here seem to have had or be due to have. The episode thats been on this weekend was of a lady who was 40 stones. She had the bypass and they showed her in the recovery room as she was coming around. I noticed that she had a tube coming out of one of her nostrils and there was blood in the tube?!?!?!? What was that all about? I have never heard that this is something that happens and it has rather freaked me out!!!! Anyone experienced this or know what that might be about please?

Thanks xx :confused::(:confused:

Hi there

I'm a fanatic of these programmes, like you I watch them over and over again.

I had open surgery and I had a tube coming out of my nose after surgery not sure what was coming out of it but I think its to prevent anything going into the stomache at all. It was more anoying than uncomfortable and it was removed the morning after surgery which I have to say was not a pleasant experience, seemed to go on forever when in reality it was probably just a few seconds. Its not something that I would worry about though

alia xx

It depends on your surgeon if he uses a tube or not if you are worried just ask his secretary and she can reassure you...xx

Hi
I saw Mr Somers recently re WLS. He does both types of bypass but prefers open as he has a better view of the procedure, he discusses it with each individual patient but his decision is made on what he feels their body indicates is appropriate for the best outcome.

M

I have to admit even tho I'm not considereing surgery I find the programs fascinating. I'm more interested in the peoples stories as much as the surgery

Back