• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass the keyhole way

Hi i went to see mr kumar today at the heartlands and hes agreed for me to have the gastric bypass hes doing it key hole as he said it was better and that the recovery is quicker....
just wonderd if anyone else has had keyhole surgery for the bypass and did u have problems witht he funding as i understand irts more exspensive or will it not make any difference...
hes got to apply for funding now as i was told by the shropshire pct the funding was there what ever the surgeon decides but i have nothing in writing in my notes just a converation over the phone!!!
any help would be great xxxx:553:

Sorry i can't help Sue just wanted to say YIPPEE on the agreement for surgery..

Tesmerelda had keyhole i think so she may be a way to go to finding out...

Hope you don't wait long for your surgery xx

I had keyhole surgery for my bypass and it's painful of course but I'm sure it would have been even more painful for an open op. Funding was no problem at all.

I had my bypass via keyhole. I had my op privately but Mr Kumar (who would have been my NHS surgeon had I not been so inpatient) said it wouldn't be an issue to get funding for the op.

I think keyhole is the way most docs operate now. I had mine keyhole just over 2 weeks ago and feeling very good. Incisions are small and have already healed, scabbed and cleared. No problems with funding either.

Make sure you do the pre-op diet properly though as if your liver isn't small enough they may still have to do open surgery....it happened to the person who had their op before me on the same day.

Back