• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op on Oct 21 in Southmead / questions for bypassers

Hollyhunny

5 years of waiting
my questions to all those who had a gastric bypass:

1.did you have to have a catheter in?

2. did you have your gallbladder out at the same time as the bypass? was it suggested or mentioned?

thanks

anxiously awaiting replies........

hi
im not in your area, but i didnt have a catheter, and it was mentioned about having my gall bladder out, but it wasnt removed.

Hi Holly
No i didnt have a catheter in, was able to get up to wee about 3 hours later Your wee maybe blue dont panic its from the dye they use to check your pouch...........
No i didnt have my gallbladder out and its playing up now so wish i did....dont worry this dosnt happen to every one xxxx
Should also add that even with the gallstones i wouldn't change a thing life is so much easier when your smaller xx

Last edited:
Hi

I did have a catheter for 12 hours after my op & didn't have my gallbladder out.

Hi,

I had a cafater for 24 hours... Didnt have my gall bladder out but they did check for Gull Stones, i didnt have any :)

Any more questions you have please ask were always happy to help on here...

1) No I didn't have a catheter.

2) Apparently my gallbladder was checked during the op and deemed not necessary to be taken out.

I did have a caffeter in for about 24 hours but id had my gall bladder removed two years ago so wasnt an issue xx

I had a catheter in which they removed when they knew they were discharging me 24 hours post op. Gall Bladder was not a issue as i had it removed about 10 years ago :)

oh what meds do u take for your gall bladder zoe, its amazing just how many start suffering with it a few months out from surgery isnt it.

thanks huni for that, i might mention it next time i go to the hospital, i really dont wanna start having probs in that area.

Back