• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers - when did you start to get hungry?

tpt

Uber geek
I have started to get the general hungry feeling over the past 2 weeks - not the growling horrid hungry I used to get, but definately an empty hungry signal - this started 4 weeks post op.

I must admit to being a little surprised as I thought hunger sensation would stay away for longer but the clinic assured me yesterday that this is a healthy sign.

When did you get yours? How long post op? Do the hunger pangs return to pre-op ferocity?

Last edited:
Have to say that at nearly 5 months post op, I have no appetite at all and no indication of when Im hungry - could go all day without eating but I would collapse! You sure its not head hunger?

Cant help with that tpt as pre op but hope the others can advise you

Jay xx

Hi TPT
two and a half weeks post op i'm experiencing something not sure if it's head hunger or "real" hunger. Like you it's certainly nothing like ever before but as you describe an "empty feeling". I'm just putting everything down to my mind still trying to catch up. Sorry that's not really much help x

I don't really get the feeling of hunger either. Occasionally I think there is a glimmer or hunger. I eat breakfast, lunch about 1.00 or 2.00 o'clock and an evening meal about 7.00. Occasionally I have a protein fruit bar as a snack mid morning because I like to feel I'm chewing something. x x

I kind of get a bit of a hungry feeling at night, but the rest of the time it's just head hunger:D

No hunger here either. I'm having to put reminders into my phone or I'd never eat..lol

hello ill be a year out on the 9th september and i've not been hungry for a year its very strange i have to eat when i feed my kids are i would forget x x x x x

I have had hunger pangs from about 4wks post op. I eat when I'm hungry now and this seems to work for me instead of just sticking to set meal times (little and often) I eat about 5/6 times a day now.

I had my op on July 10th and have to say my appetite has "vainshed" and like others have written I need to remind myself to eat sometimes..Hope you crack the feeling...
M

I was so looking forward to that and never lost my appetite at all! It drives me crazy. I drink leave half an hour, eat, leave half an hour, or longer if poss and drink again 2 mins later I'm hungry again! It's especialy annoying at bed time, I take some vits have a drink after cleaning my teeth, hop into bed and I'm off again, I don't do anything about it but it like trying to sleep with a fretty baby!!!!

It's not a hunger growl as such - more of any empty hungry mild thingummy- like today, I cannot face food in the mornings and never have, so last time I ate was 6ish yesterday, by 12pm today I had the empty feeling - so did scrambled egg with extra strong stick-your-tongue-to-the-top-of-your-mouth cheddar grated in and managed a sum total of 3 fork-fulls before I get the signal that I am full. Then at tea time I will get another empty feeling and that signals to me it is time to feed.

Mentally I have no appetite, and my gob does not want what I eat but I eat it anyway.

Back