• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

when did you start to feel hungry?

fatbutnot4long

hi everyone... im back! and i have some questions for everyone who has been bypassed. i had my op on wednesday and all went well with the op itself but then i got pnumonia - a chest infection and gastrenteritus so i had a rough time and my temp went up to 41.6 and i had a very very very bad alergic reaction to 2 of the 3 antibiotics they gave me. so i was delayed and was on no fluids at all untill friday. im still abit unsure what to do now. all the symptoms have gone to everything and im still on free fluids - but mainly drinking volvic touch of fruit water but things have started to smell nice now so do i move to stage 2 and have the slimfast type drink? i dont think im hungry i think they just smell nice! if that makes sence! when did you all move to stage 2? thanks for all the help? xx

I was told liquids only for 3 weeks from surgery date and then 3 weeks of mashed foods and then from week 7 it is normal food.

Well I had my op on friday and so far I have only had milk and oxo but for me it was a case of having a sip of things to try the taste. I was told clear liquids only for 2 weeks that will pass easily through a straw so slimfast would work but I think you maybe just try a couple of sips and see how it goes down.

If you fancy it then have it - you need to stock up on proteins now and slimfast and soups are the way forward. You can liquidise soups with bits in - the Covent Garden ones are fab or there is always Heinz Cream of Tomato or Cream of Chicken - all recommended by my hospital. I also made smoothies with skimmed milk, banana and strawberries. Innocent do smoothies for kids which are sugar free and lovely too. Two weeks on fluids then you can go onto mush!

i had to do 4wks clear fluids, 4 wks puree and then 4wks mashed before i could go onto solids. i lived on delmonte real orange juice ice lollies!!!

If you fancy a Slimfast how about doing 50/50 milk and slimfast if you think it might be a bit too thick to start with. Some people find the sugar content in the shakes a bit too high to start with and diluting with milk gets protein down as well as tasting nice.

Back