• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

c-pap's .....

Tracey ( eyore)

Hi Guys
Just wondering if like anyone out there was given one if these by there hospital before there op, and if so had long did you have to use it before you was allowed you surgery ...........................

I think i am now hoping if i was to have my surgery in september.................as now i need to go up to get fitted with this mask grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and he wants me on a 6 week pre-op diet. the low carb , high protein x

Hi Julie
I have been using my CPAP now for 16 months it was a pre requisition by our PCT that I go to the sleep clinic before my GP would refer me for WLS. When I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea there was no mention of a time limit for using it before surgery (still waiting for that), but I think there is some time limits for certain hospitals. Peoples will be along shortly to let you know their experiences I'm sure. Anyway, I hope it all goes well for you, you will get used to it I'm sure and it's another step forward on your journey. Good luck

Hi there

Didnt wanna read and run - Good luck to you, hopefully someone with answers will be along soon x x .

All the best - MeJulie x x

On Fat Doctor once the guy was diagnosed with apnoea and had to start using cpap and they said that it would delay his surgery by three months because apparantley it takes that long to see a big enough improvement for them to be happy about your breathing under the anaestetic.
I dont know if this is different for everyone.
Steph xx

HI honey

I had my c-pap for about 10 months pre-surgery but SRH weren't in the slightest bit bothered wether I had it or not....there by hangs a tale!

(still haven't got much energy but I'll be posting the story in my diary as soon as I feel able)

Honey it is a little bit tough to get used to but go with it. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get the hang of it, but after that I was fine and honestly although it's a bit of a pain, I feel so much better for using it.

ending hugs and love

Charis xxx

gods know i wouldnt be so annoyed if i hadnt had a surgery date and they cancelled it for this, i have had 9 ops in 3 years never had one. also i hate anything over mouth thanks to a violent x hubby, so much so that i cant have oxygen masks until i am already asleep.

as for my sats they have always been low even when slimmer thats how my body is x

gods know i wouldnt be so annoyed if i hadnt had a surgery date and they cancelled it for this, i have had 9 ops in 3 years never had one. also i hate anything over mouth thanks to a violent x hubby, so much so that i cant have oxygen masks until i am already asleep.

as for my sats they have always been low even when slimmer thats how my body is x

Darling I had the same problem; my heart goes out to you. I tried about 4 different masks before i found the right one. I have a tiny mask which fits just over my nose. You can have one which is just prongs in your nose. I liked that a lot a first but found after a while that the prongs were too fragile ad shifted around too much which made the inside of my nose very sore. I think the tiny nose mask is fine. BUT yes, same issues as you did make it tough to get used to.

why don't you ring he hospital to ask about the cpap's possible effects on your surgery date? AT least that way you'll know.

hugs xxxxx

Back