• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revision Surgery

Tickety Boo

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone had undergone revision surgery with Mr Ackroyd in Sheffield?

I had a band fitted in 2003 but it's now not working for me.

I'm contemplating a revision to either RnY or Sleeve and wondered if there was anyone else out there who has undergone a revision in Sheffield or anywhere else.

:D:D

Hi i had revisional surgery 3 years ago i went from band to band, im now awaiting its removal and i will be converting to a bypass, im currently on the waiting list so i will done in the 1st week of September, im converting as yet again my band is leaking, can i ask why banding didnt work for you ? i hope they get you sorted soon x

thanks.... from Liz xx

My band was a fantastic for the first 3 years and I got my excess weight off. I then had problems, first the port became detached ...... surgery to re-attach, then a few months later my port worked its way out through my skin ..... port removal ...... heal wound. A few months later new port ... surgery again, and now my band appears to self tighten until night reflux occurs and I have to have it defilled.

Even though my band is empty I sometimes eat or drink and have a bad pain in my left shoulder even if I've not over eaten.

I had a barium swallow yesterday and the radiologist said everything was in a good place and looked fine so I'm tempted to see if I can start with small fills, go back to the basics of being a 'baby bandster' and give the band one last go.

I'm that far out now, 7 years I wonder if the band is not working with me or I'm not working with band, hence the one last chance.

Just Liz are you having your band out and bypass revision at the same time?

:D

My band was a fantastic for the first 3 years and I got my excess weight off. I then had problems, first the port became detached ...... surgery to re-attach, then a few months later my port worked its way out through my skin ..... port removal ...... heal wound. A few months later new port ... surgery again, and now my band appears to self tighten until night reflux occurs and I have to have it defilled.

Even though my band is empty I sometimes eat or drink and have a bad pain in my left shoulder even if I've not over eaten.

I had a barium swallow yesterday and the radiologist said everything was in a good place and looked fine so I'm tempted to see if I can start with small fills, go back to the basics of being a 'baby bandster' and give the band one last go.

I'm that far out now, 7 years I wonder if the band is not working with me or I'm not working with band, hence the one last chance.

Just Liz are you having your band out and bypass revision at the same time?

:D

Hi im sorry to hear of the troubles youve had with banding, its the same for me i think ive had most problems a band can bring over my 5 years of banding so personally for me ive had enough and this is why im opting for a bypass, yes there plan is band out and bypassed all in the same op x

thankyou xxx

Back