• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calcium Supplements...

Mrs Quiggle

Do all you bypassers have to take calcium supplements. I thought it was a matter of course that you had to have them but nothing at all was mentioned about them when I was in hospital and I wasn't given any to bring home with my other meds. Are they something that you are expected to just go and get yourself like the multi vitamins.

Kate x

Do all you bypassers have to take calcium supplements. I thought it was a matter of course that you had to have them but nothing at all was mentioned about them when I was in hospital and I wasn't given any to bring home with my other meds. Are they something that you are expected to just go and get yourself like the multi vitamins.

Kate x
Hi Kate

When I left the Luton and Dunstable after my bypass I was given a months prescription of a Calcium Carbonate chewable tablets. I have to have one a day for the rest of my life. I was also given a letter to give to my GP explaining what I would need to be prescribed on a monthly basis. The calcium tablet is nothing to worry about. It rather like having a rennie indigestion tablet!!.

Hope this helps

Stavros

i was told at srh i'd need to start them from 4 weeks out and that everything will go through gp as they were going to fax him a list of stuff i need so might be worth enquiring with ward or gp direct?

I left hospital with a supply of Forceval vitamins,Calcichew +Vit d,and Fragmin to inject for a month

For women they are thought to be THE most important post op supplement, so worth chasing up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

For women they are thought to be THE most important post op supplement, so worth chasing up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well thats what I thought. Thanks everyone. I'm going to the support group at the hospital tomorrow night so will ask about them then. The letter to my Dr with a list of my new meds probably reached him today as I got a copy also through the post but there was nothing on it about the calcium. I didn't have any injections either for blood thinning. Only had two of them when I was in hospital too and they'd taken my support stockings off during the op. Strange isn't it how different hospitals differ so much.

Kate x

I take 2 calcichew 500 per day. I also had Fragmin until last night. So 9 days in total. x

Back