• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CALLING EVERYONE FROM SRH

lindy62

Hi, how many people on here are waiting for surgery at Sunderland, Where are you on your journey, when was your seminar, have you got a date yet, which surgery are you having done (not that I'm nosey or anything lol)

I've been waiting about 22 months
my seminar was July 2011
I don't have a date yet
I'm having a sleeve
hoping to get a date soon

lindy62

Hiya, I had my seminar at Sunderland in July 2011, I am going for a gastric bypass. I start my milk diet tomorrow for 10 days then I get my opp on the 21st of may. good luck with your sleeve x

Hi Lindy, my seminar was February 2012, dietician appt July 2012, cancelled consultant appt Dec 12, rearranged consultant appt Feb 13, endoscopy March 13 then I was offered a cancellation a few weeks afterwards and am having my sleeve on 19 May.
David at Booked admissions is really helpful, apparently there are two waiting lists at SRH for sleeves and the weekend one is pretty empty from what I can gather. Give him a ring and have a chat...x

Thanks for that Lisa-em will do, I just had my endoscopy 3rd May because they forgot about me, so I'm going to be checking regularly this time but Mr Mahawar also said he would make sure as well . Do I ask for David when I ring appointments and is it the normal appointment number or is there a special number. Thanks for any info

lindy62

Yes lindy. You need to speak to dave. In admissions. Hope you get sorted out sooner rather than later. Good luck hun x

Thanks for that Caraline and good luck with your milk diet. I hope I can have a different diet as I hate milk, milk shakes, I don't even drink tea or coffee.

lindy62

Oh dear. Fingers crossed and they will have an alternative x

Lindy there's definitely an alternative, I'm doing it now. Lots of low fat, low carb, low everything!! Booked admissions is 0191 5410083 x

Hi, how many people on here are waiting for surgery at Sunderland, Where are you on your journey, when was your seminar, have you got a date yet, which surgery are you having done (not that I'm nosey or anything lol)

I've been waiting about 22 months
my seminar was July 2011
I don't have a date yet
I'm having a sleeve
hoping to get a date soon

lindy62

Hi Lindy62,
I had my seminar January 2012, Got a letter asking whether I wanted to proceed and I phoned them. I think I met Mr Muhawah within 6 weeks of that and he set my target weight loss then. I didnt have my endoscopy until November and I had to lose weight for the surgery to happen. Again I phoned them in March 2013 to see what is happening as at the Endoscopy we were told the operation is usually within 6 months. I think my operation is 6 months exactly after the endoscopy. Started the pre op milk diet and my gastric bypass is on the 21st May. All I can suggest is going back to your gp/consultant or telephoning the department at Sunderland. They are very helpful. I was referred by Mr Muller at Wansbeck hospital due to birth defects in both legs and he will not operate until my weight and bmi is good.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I am sure it will happen but some times the nhs do need a little reminder that we are sitting here waiting ;)

Kat
x

Thanks for the number Lisa-em, South-beach, It was my gp who phoned and asked why it was taken so long, they said they had over looked me but sent me an appointment asap, I'm now on the list and waiting for my date but this time I am going to ring every week so they don't forget me again and Mr Mahawa said he would keep check so hopefully wont be long

lindy62

There does'nt seem to be many on waiting for surgery from sunderland (either that, or they dont want to respond to my text), so how's the waiting so long

There does'nt seem to be many on waiting for surgery from sunderland (either that, or they dont want to respond to my text), so how's the waiting so long

I would just keep on checking with them so they make sure you are on the list. Did you speak to the gentleman in admissions? He was great. He might be able to give you some indication of time frame.
Good luck hon. Hope its soon for you. They have to give you at least 10days notice for the pre op diet so I guess you will have some notice for that. :) From endoscopy to op they said is normally within 6 months.

I'm ringing tomorrow, they did say they would try and get me in asap as I have waited longer than normal because they forgot, but I'm aiming for 6 months and then I wont be dissapointed, but you never know, fingers crossed. But apart from the people getting done in may there does'nt seem to be many on from Sunderland waiting (at least not many that use this site any way)

lindy62

All the best hunny x

Back