• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2021 surgeries

BebeSmalls

Hello :) thought I'd start a thread for anyone having surgery this year as I'm waiting for my date and wondered who else is having wls around the same time!

Bit about me - 34, currently around 17 stone, got chronic pain syndrome.

My date should be summer (trying to finish my dissertation in the meantime!)
Was dead sure I was having sleeve but surgeon thinks bypass may be more suitable - trying to absorb as much information as possible.
Working full time at home has thrown my already-disordered eating into a bit of a mess, but I know so many of us are in the same boat.

BebeSmalls

Had my gastroscopy this week - no sedation just throat spray. Wasn't comfortable at all but was over in a few minutes. They found the pain killers I'd been taking have caused a bit of damage so stopping them 😕

BebeSmalls

Also the hiatus hernia that we were expecting, but he didn't seem very happy with it - and now really not sure I can have sleeve for fear of endless reflux.

Bling Babe

Also the hiatus hernia that we were expecting, but he didn't seem very happy with it - and now really not sure I can have sleeve for fear of endless reflux.
Well done for getting through it, I had to have a bypass because of a hiatus hernia which they found too. Good luck

BebeSmalls

Well done for getting through it, I had to have a bypass because of a hiatus hernia which they found too. Good luck
Thank you, the surgeon said I could still have the sleeve and he'd try and repair the hiatus hernia at the same time but of course no guarantee this would work.