• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calorie Counting

I am finding it very frustrating I used to be a binge eater (CBT changed that) with a very sweet tooth.

I've been still using Sugar in drinks up until my 6 week check up.

Once I was given the 800 calorie limit I wanted to try and do things properly, but seems like I may be better off having the sugar albeit I know they are empty calories.

Why don't you look at the bypass daily menu thread for ideas ( I don't know what op you have had , but ideas are good for all )

Upping your protein would add more Cals and is more valuable calories than sugar :)

Easy ways to get your cals up - have a milky coffee in the morning, a milk shake with crusha in the afternoon and in the evening an options hot chocolate.

This way it doesn't feel like you're eating - you're getting loads of protein in and you should find yourself hitting near 800 cals.

Tried Options and it didn't agree with my sleeve :(

I had Bourneville Cocoa (with sugar) in my early post op days and that was fine.

Going to see how i get on today, had 2 wheatabix instead of one so that's >100 extra calories today so far.

Thank you!

I am determined to make this work I really want rid of this lump and they can't do that until I've lost significant weight.

Focus on more protein versus carbs tho!!!

I agree with jo and yvessa, up the protein and milky drinks if they agree with your new body! But I am a bander not a bypasser. Good luck. X

Done much better today so far...

Proteins much better today too

Coffee12.52 Tesco Ganulated sweetner42 wheatabix + 200ml ss milk235
Tesco NAS Bl/current squash10
1/2 tin Heinz Pea and ham111
Soup + 50ml ss milk25
Orange Juice 200ml82
Petit Filous (strawberry) 45g43.2
90g Chicken Skinless breast121.5
Swede Mashed 60g18
Broccoli 40g19
Peas 15g12
Gravy15

Thats 738 so far

Great, milky coffees perhaps?

Looks good but I would be tempted to stick to the one wheatabix, and swap the orange juice for a milky drink as orange juice has a fair bit of sugar in. Although sleevers rarely dump, it is fairly empty calories. If you're not keen on milk then you could try more yoghurts or soft cheese such as dairylea light?

Great, milky coffees perhaps?

Milky coffee is too many 150cals foir a 300ml mug of Semi Skimmed

Looks good but I would be tempted to stick to the one wheatabix, and swap the orange juice for a milky drink as orange juice has a fair bit of sugar in. Although sleevers rarely dump, it is fairly empty calories. If you're not keen on milk then you could try more yoghurts or soft cheese such as dairylea light?

The fruit juice was suggested as part of the diet plan I was given.

Ah okay. Maybe it is different for sleevers. Are you putting all this into mfp? Have you checked your protein levels for the day?

Yes i was reccommended that i could have fruit juice too help with constipation as well, cos it seemed to help a bit for awhile. What bout beans and bit of cheese on top xx

Back